Chapter 1

Alicia P.O.V

Its been five months since Jay dropped off the face of the Earth. No lie, I was really depressed and sad for a while but at some point I just knew he wasn't coming back. Now I just resent him for leaving me here alone and sometimes I hate him for that. Like I always say tho, there's nothing I can do about it now.

To fill the time I am in college now and I have a job working at American Eagle. It's nothing compared to what I used to get when I was with Jay, but it's nice to have money and know that its mine. He set up an account for my education so there's enough in that to pay for all four years plus my masters degree. I am grateful for that even though I'm pissed at him for abandoning me.

Even though I've met some guys since Jay been gone, he's still the only person I been with. I really don't even be serious about none of these niggas I just string them along. I don't care if anybody think I'm wrong either. Niggas do it all the time so I just take it upon myself to give them a taste of their own medicine. I try to warn them but they think I be playing or something when I tell them not to catch feelings, oh well its not my concern I don't care about none of them.

Some can call me bitter, but its okay cause I am. I never knew I would be this type of person but I was shielded by my "family" for so long that I had no exposure to the real world and its experiences. So fuck it. Alicia is bitter and people should get used to it.

My phone been buzzing off the hook from this one nigga name Chris. He's about 5'10", lightskin with hazel eyes. He's cute but he too much for me.

"Damn girl just text him back, he obviously just gone keep hitting you up" Cali said. She's grown up a lot since Baby Miracle came home a few months ago.

"Nah im good. He'll be alright." I tell her everyday that I warn these niggas not to catch feelings but they don't listen.

"You know eventually you gotta stop being a bitch to all these guys and move on. I'm sorry to say this but Jay is not coming back. If he wanted to be found then he woulda been found. You need to let yourself be happy." She lectures me every time and each lecture is the same shit.

"Fuck Jay! I'm over it. Just because I don't want none of these corny ass niggas don't mean I still want Jay. Maybe I just wanna be alone I'm happy with the way things are right now. I'm not about to let some fuck nigga waltz into my life and mess that up." I didn't mean to snap on her but she gotta know what its about. I'm not unhappy, im just not bouta let any random guy into my heart. That shit obviously don't work out.

"Girl chill out I'm just saying. But look, Jay didn't care about leaving you high and dry, so care for yourself and stop being mean on purpose, before you miss out on your chance to be happy again. I know one of these niggas gotta be the right one so stop being so close-minded boo." With that being said she left the room.

I heard what she said but I ain't really trynna deal with a dude right now. They stressful anyway.
*************************************
I woke up the next morning for work around 8:30 and when I checked my phone I had a message from Chris.

Chris😎: Good morning Princess do you need a ride to work today?

I never really need a ride cause I got my own car but I heard Cali's words in my head and decided to be nice.

Me: Yea that would be nice 😇 thanks. Let me know when you're almost here?

Chris: Of course Beautiful 😘

With that being said I got up and started to get ready. The thing about working at American eagle is that I get to wear what I want to work and it just so happens that all my clothes are from there. That discount be on point forreal. I picked out my dark high-waist AE pants with a loose black crop top and my cream colored cardigan then got in the shower. 15 minutes later I started lotioning up with my favorite, Pink Chiffon then put on my clothes. I didn't feel like doing my hair so I left it in its natural curls. I put on my black zip-up booties and waited for Chris.