Chapter 4

Alicia P.O.V

I woke up feeling different today, mostly because Jay was still holding me from last night when I fell asleep. Even though it has been a rough couple of days for the both of us, it felt so good to have his arms around me. I know it's gonna take a while but I think we'll be okay but enough with the mushy stuff. I feel good today so I wanna get out and enjoy this vacation before its over. I looked over and saw Jay sleeping, he still so fine to me but I got up and decided to get ready for the  day.

I took extra time today and took a hot shower and a long bubble bath with my Pink Chiffon from bath and body works. When I got out I did a facial mask and scrub then went to the closet in my room. I really didn't know what to wear so i kept it simple with my white high waist shorts and my black tank crop top. Since I planned on being out all day I just went with my all black cheetah print vans to be comfortable. I left my hair in its natural curls and did a side part with only mascara and lip gloss as my makeup for the day.

I went out to the main area of the suite for breakfast and saw Caliana already eating.
"Damn girl you couldn't wait huh?" I said laughing. She looked like a deer in headlights, I guess she aint hear me.

"You already know me, I know you gotta be hungry since you barely ate lastnight." She said with a serious look on her face. I knew she would bring it up.

"Yea the past couple days been rough but im feelin so much better now, so what we doin today?" I said lowkey trynna change the subject.

"I don't know, we can do anything we in the PR bihh turnup!!" She said laughing. " But forreal though girl I want you to know that I'm here for you no matter what. I know how you are and I know your feelings are gonna be back and forth until you can trust Jay again just make sure you stay strong." She said getting a little more serious.

"Yea I know Cali thank you. It is a little bit hard to kinda try to go back to normal after being without him for so long but I'll get used to it and pray to god that he won't up and leave again. I'm just glad that I've gotten myself together a little bit so I won't be pushing him away so much. I know I was wrong for what I said to him and if I would have been able to control my mouth we probably would be here under different circumstances." I said staring down at my plate. 

We finished eating and talked a little more and then Jay came out in some basketball shorts, I don't know where he got them from but maybe he changed while I was sleeping.

"Good morning beautiful." He said cheesing at me. 

"Good morning nigga" Cali said back to him. I just started laughing.

"Bitch you know he wasn't talking to you!" At this point I was cracking up. "Good morning Jay"

"Y'all stupid but what we doing today though since all the tension is gone now?" He asked. 

"We ain't doing shit if you and Greg don't get dressed." Cali said. I didn't realize how much I missed having Jay around until now. I'm just excited that he's back and if I got anything to do with it his ass ain't going nowhere. 

****************************************************************

We ended up touring around PR and when I tell you it is cheap as hell it is CHEAP. We saw as many sights as we could and then went back to the hotel. 

When I walked into my room I saw this beautiful, dark red dress with a deep v-neck that stopped just above my belly button. It was tight all the way down and was loose around the ankles and I fell in love with this dress. Next to the dress I saw a note. 

"We have dinner reservations at 8:30. I got your outfit and I can't wait to spend some quality alone time with you. See you soon. -Jay"

I really love this man y'all. I immediately got in the shower and did everything I had to do. Then I got out and did really dramatic makeup before I put on the dress. I wasn't about to risk doing it after and then the moment of truth came. I was hoping the dress looked as good on me as I pictured in my head. When I put the dress on and stepped in front of the mirror and I was taken aback. I saw this glow on my face that hadn't been there in so long, and it wasn't the highlight. 

After admiring myself in the mirror for a little bit I heard a knock at my bedroom door. I grabbed my purse and decided to leave my phone so I could just focus on me and Jay tonight. When I opened the door his mouth fell to the floor. 

"Wow you really look amazing Li." He said in awe. 

"Thank you I guess you kinda got good taste." I said joking with him. 

"Don't make me fuck you up before this dinner girl" He said laughing as we headed out the door. 

I didn't know what restaurant we were going to since we were in Puerto Rico but I forgot that he had been here for the past year so I'm sure he knew the place already. For a split second I wondered what his life was like while he was here but I pushed that to the back and decided to focus on us and the night. When we got closer I started to get a little more nervous just because I wanted everything to be perfect and a part of me feels like this is all a dream somehow. 

When we finally pulled up to the restaurant Jay was being a true gentlemen. He opened my door for me and held my hand. Stepping into the restaurant I saw that he had reserved it only for us. The whole place was empty except for one table, the lights were dimmed and there were candles lit and roses on our table. 

"Wow this is beautiful, what is this place?" I asked looking around. 

"A little spot that I came across when I first got here. I had only ate here a couple times because every time I would come here there was always couples and I couldn't help but to think about you. Now that I got you back I figured that this would be the perfect date for us to get to know each other again." He said as we started to walk towards the table. When we first sat down we got served a nice white wine and waited for the main course. We talked about everything from how we met up until how he left and everything in between. 

The waiter served us our desert which was simple strawberry cheesecake with whipped cream. 

"Before we get into dessert I want to tell you something." He said getting kind of serious. I didn't know if I should be afraid or not. I hope he don't got no baby mama or some shit. 

"Okay what is it?" I said losing my patience a little bit. I just wanted him to get to the point so I could know if I would end up mad or not. 

"Before I met you I didn't really care about nothing. All my thoughts consisted of was my business and making sure I didn't end up dead. The moment you came into my life it's like everything changed for me. Suddenly I wanted to be around you and was open to the idea of having a relationship with you. When I saw you my heart lit up, every time you talked it was something like music to my ears, and hearing you sing to me was the best part of my day next to having you as my girl. When that girl told me that she was pregnant I would hope you wouldn't find out just because I knew it wasn't mine.. and I knew you were a real woman so you'd be upset. Once I saw that you knew I knew that shit would get bad... I didn't think it would get as bad as it did. But in all of that bad shit I still wanted to be with you, even after I left. The only girl I could think about was you so I wanna make you a promise." He paused and grabbed my hands as we both stood up. He pulled out a white box and opened it. 

"With this ring I promise that I will always stay by your side and never give you anything to worry about. I promise that I will love you on all of the good days and the bad. I promise to give you all the space you need whenever you need it. I  promise to be your support system and your strength on the days you aren't strong enough, and most of all I promise to be yours and only yours. Another woman will never have me and I am willing to spend the rest of my life showing you that you are the only woman that will have my heart. This isn't an engagement ring but a promise ring. A promise of my love to you Alicia." He said staring in my eyes as he placed the ring on my finger. 

I was silently crying and lowkey getting mad because I knew I was ruining my makeup. I hugged him how I had been wanting to since the day he left. I really love Jay and I don't know how I was living without him and I know that I don't ever want to be without him again. He has my heart and he always has and always will. 

*************************************************************************

Hey guys I'm soooooooo sorry about the wait it has really been hectic but I'm back now. I no longer have writers block and I know exactly where I'm going with this story so I am very excited because that means more updates. I really wanna thank y'all for sticking this out and being patient (some of y'all) because as a reader on wattpad myself I know how frustrating it can be when a book you love hasn't been updated. But thanks again!!! Love you guys. 

-Monica