Chores and Chopper

Splash.

Hera dropped her cloth into the bucket full of soapy water. She stood back to admire her work: a clean kitchen. The taps were shiny and the counters were spotless. She grinned to herself and wiped the moisture off her forehead.

"I reckon it looks pretty good," she nodded. "What do you think, Chop?"

Chopper rolled out of the storage room and made a few happy beeps.

"I'm glad you agree for once," she said, chucking her gloves in the sink and plopping herself down on the chair. She sighed - finally, she could relax.

"Busy morning?"

Hera looked up to see Kanan in the doorway, rolling a crate of supplies into the room. He and Zeb had been out on a supply run since the market opened early in the morning. They were pretty low on everything, so the crate was a sight for sore eyes.

"You could say that again," Hera smiled and got up to help him unload the supplies. "How was yours?"

"It was good. We got the supplies and didn't run into any Imperials, so I'd call that a successful morning."

"I'm glad to hear," Hera smiled, picking up an apple and taking a bite.

"Of course, we only got the food so that you could eat it all when we came back," Kanan teased.

"Hey, I've had a very busy morning dealing with this one," Hera said with a mouth full of fruit, pointing to Chopper. The droid made an angry protest.

"I'm just kidding," Kanan laughed.

"I know, love," Hera smiled. "Where's Zeb?"

"He's bringing in the next crate," Kanan explained.

Footsteps came shuffling down the hallway and stopped at the kitchen door. "Hey Hera," Ezra said with Sabine right behind him, "we're just going to go test out Sabine's new explosives that Zeb and Kanan brought back, okay?"

Hera put her hands on her hips. "Oh, no, no, no, you're not going anywhere."

"Why not?" Ezra asked, confused.

"Did you two forget what today is?" Hera said.

"Uhh," Sabine said, "Kanan's birthday?"

"No," Hera smiled, glancing at Kanan. "It's chore day: the day when you two get to help clean up the Ghost."

"Does 'cleaning' the Ghost also mean--"

"No, Sabine, you can not paint the Ghost," Kanan said, rolling his eyes.

"Darn."

"Come on, you two," Hera grinned, passing them a bucket of water each. "You get to clean the cockpit."

"Yay, what fun," Ezra said sarcastically.

•  •  •

"Maybe you can try scrubbing the windows without getting me wet," Sabine said, wiping the soap suds off of her face.

"If you're going to clean the control panel while I clean the windows, you're just asking to get drenched," Ezra rolled his eyes.

"Hey, at least I'm not the one who got soap in my eyes earlier."

"It was very embarrassing and I would not like to talk about it, okay?"

"Bwuh, wuh," Chopper rolled in, poking Ezra with his arm.

"Oi," Ezra said, "we're working here!"

"Bop, bop!" Chopper muttered angrily.

"I know you've got to fix the internal comm," Sabine said, "but Hera told us to clean here."

"Wuhwuh!"

"Hera may have told you that, but we're busy here right now," Sabine said. "Now run along before we pour a bucket of water on you."

"Wop, wop, wop, wop," Chopper buzzed, rolling off down the hallway.

"Someone needs to teach that droid some manners," Ezra said, shaking his head.

"If I've learned anything from Chopper," Sabine said, flicking her fringe out of her eyes, "it's that he's never going to change."

"I bet I could deal with him," Ezra said with a mischievous smile.

"Oh, no, no," Sabine said, rolling her eyes. "Don't even think about it. Hera would have your head."

"Unfortunately, I think you're right," he sighed and went back to scrubbing the windows.

"Ezra!" Sabine shouted as some more soap fell in her hair.

"Whoops," he chuckled.

"Seriously?"

"Whaaaaat?"

Sabine sighed and dipped her cloth into the bucket. "I should probably ask Hera when Chopper should fix the comm," she said, throwing the soapy cloth onto Ezra's head as she walked out.

"Hey--"

The doors shut behind her. Sabine nodded proudly to herself and walked to the kitchen to see Kanan and Hera talking. She leaned against the door frame and watched them with grin on her face.

"I don't know, Kanan," Hera said, rolling her eyes playfully, completely unaware of the girl in the doorway. "Maybe you should get your eyes checked."

"Is that so?" he grinned, sitting down next to her.

"Mm-hmm," Hera nodded, putting an elbow on his shoulder. She leaned in with a smirk to whisper, "You want to know why?"

"Uh ... why?" he said, trying to ignore the fact that she was so close and may or may not have smelled like dreams.

"Because--"

"Sorry to interrupt your romantic reunion," Sabine said, "but I need to ask you something."

The two of them jumped up from their seats.

"Romantic WHAT?" Kanan questioned.

"Sabine?" Hera said with an eyebrow raised.

Sabine laughed. "Calm down, I'm just kidding! Chopper wants to fix the comm but we're working in there. When should--"

Slap.

Sabine felt a slimy cloth on her head and cold water drip down her cheeks. She turned around slowly to see Ezra's grinning face staring back at her. She pressed her lips together, trying to hold back a shout. "You are going to pay for this," she said, ripping the wet cloth off her head. She got ready to throw it at Ezra, but he had already sped off down the hallway.

"Ezra!" she yelled, running after him.

Kanan raised an eyebrow at them. "Well, I guess Chopper can fix the comm now," he said, turning back to Hera.

"And I guess I have to go after them, huh?" Hera said, plopping down on the couch, her lekku swaying as she did so.

"Well, it is what you do best," Kanan smiled as he sat down and wrapped an arm around her.

• • •

This was just a random thought that popped into my head. Shorter chapter!

How was your guys' Christmas? Hope you all had a fantastic time. :)

Question: are you guys Kanera/Sabezra shippers?

I definitely ship Kanera but I kinda just want to see how Sabine and Ezra's relationship plays out in Season 3 before I start shipping anything. ;) I just think it's funny how Ezra tries to act so cool around her but fails miserably (because Sabine is just too amazing for him :P).

Mmkay, bye-bye!

And may the Force be with you, my young Padawans. ;)