Dashing Through The Snow

A/N: I'm still in a Christmas mood. ;)

"Shh, don't wake him!"

"He's going to kill you, Ezra."

Ezra and Sabine hovered over a sleeping Zeb. The room was dimly lit by the faint light of the sun glowing through the small windows. Zeb didn't flinch when Ezra poked his cheek; he just continued snoring.

"Classic Zeb," Ezra chuckled. He sat on top of the Lasat and raised an eyebrow at Sabine when he still didn't move. Sabine shrugged.

"Do you think he's dead?" Ezra grinned.

Sabine rolled her eyes. "Ezra."

"It worries me that you're not at all fazed by the fact that Zeb may be dead."

"And it worries me that you say those things with a stupid grin on your face," Sabine said, pushing him off of Zeb. She nudged Zeb gently. "Wakey, wakey," she whispered in his ear.

"I'm about to give Zeb and 'achey, achey' if he doesn't wake up soon," Ezra said, rolling his eyes.

Sabine chose to ignore him and shook Zeb gently. She believed that going the more gentle route would wake up the Lasat without any trouble. But, of course, Ezra had a slightly different idea.

He jumped on to Zeb's back with all the force he could manage. Zeb's eyes sprung open and, out of reflex, he grabbed his bo-rifle that was placed next to his bed. He swiftly swung his weapon sideways and shocked Ezra who jumped up in fright and knocked his head on the top of the bunk-bed. Zeb flung all pillows and blankets aside and jumped to his feet, rifle aimed at Sabine.

"Zeb!" Sabine said, her hands flinging up to protect her face. Zeb, when realising who had woken him, groaned and sat back down on the bed.

"Nice reflexes, buddy," Ezra grinned, standing up and rubbing his head. "Just try not to shock me next time, okay?"

Steam rushed out of Zeb's ears as his grip tightened on his weapon. "Why you little--"

"Gotta run!" Ezra said with a playful salute as he ran out of the room.

This was an average holiday morning on the Ghost. New Year's, Easter, Halloween, you name it: Ezra always played some sort of prank on Zeb. Christmas was no different.

Zeb chased Ezra down the narrow hallways of the Ghost, waking up the entire ship with their noise.

"C'mon, Zeb! Where's your Christmas spirit?" Ezra said, climbing up ladders and jumping on ledges to get away from the rifle in Zeb's hands.

"What's going on here?" said a sleepy Hera, walking into the room, yawns betraying the intimidating look she was trying to portray. The two screeched to a halt, Zeb poised to strike and Ezra with his hands up in defense.

"Zeb doesn't have any Christmas spirit!" Ezra exclaimed dramatically.

"I'm pretty sure this little rat was trying to assassinate me," Zeb said, rolling his eyes and lowering his weapon.

"Was not!"

"Were too!" Sabine grinned, walking into the room. "Nah, I'm just kidding."

Ezra narrowed his eyes at Sabine and mouthed 'traitor'. She gave him a smile and a shrug.

"Hey Hera, what's going..." Kanan stopped short as he entered the room. "You know what, I don't even want to know," he said, shaking his head and wrapping an arm around Hera. "I don't feel like shouting today. It is Christmas, after all."

"Ba-wap!"

They all turned their heads to look at Chopper who was covered in a string of Chritmas lights. They all laughed as the droid spun around, loving the attention.