2

As the two kids finished school for the day, Skylar got a call. As she took her phone out, she looked at Nick and smiled, waving at him. She looked at her  phone and answered the call. She answered in a happy tone, as always but three seconds into the call, that sweet smile on her face had disappeared. Her eyes widened. She nodded in the call, listening to the voice seriously. Once she took the phone away from her ear, she finished packing and walked up to Nick slowly, as if every step she took caused her pain. Her eyes got watery with cold tears and her nose turned red as she sniffed. When she was in front of Nick, she looked at him with her sad eyes. "I have to get ready to move," she said in a shakey tone. Nick's eyes widened in shock, his jaw dropping. "W-why are y-you moving?" Nick had asked her. Skylar looked at the floor, trying not to make eye contact with him. They had been friends for many years and this is what happens later on? "M-my parents say it's for school purposes." School purposes? Those two words repeated in  Nick's head. It's as if the whole world had suddenly slowed down. Tears welled in his eyes. He didn't know if he was dreaming or not. He didn't know if this was a prank or not. He just didn't know, at least not any more. It's like if the definition of prank and dreaming had been erased from his mind completely. Nick then felt warmth. He hadn't realized that Skylar was hugging him. That warm feeling felt good. He liked that feeling. Later that day, Nick had to see his friend pack up and leave. That warm feeling had just drained out of him, as if he was a glass cup and he was broken, he even felt a bit of pain. Then, like a broken glass, the liquid drained out and all people did to a broken glass was pick up the broken pieces and throw it away. Just like that. And that, was the feeling of being alone. It hurt him.