7

Nick pov:
I bought the telescope and put that in the trunk. Skylar looked extremely exited to try out her new gift. She was smiling along the way and when we had arrived. It was very good to see her like this. It's been 10 minutes since we have arrived to this cliff side over the ocean, and honestly, it was pretty cold. I had a sweater, but I should've thought of the temperatures. "So, look for a spot. There are plenty." Skylar seemed overly exited and she ran around, looking for a spot in which we should settle. "Oh! How about here!" She pointed at a spot that can clearly catch the beauty off the ocean. I smiles and set the telescope in right position. We both sat down, gazing at the waves, that rose and slammed into the golden sand. Skylar smiles in glee and leaned back for a much clearer view. "About 20 more minutes and we can see them," I stated. Skylar smiled happily and hugged me. I smiled as I felt her warmth overwhelm me. I just smiled and held her close to me.

Later on, Nick and Skylat had fallen asleep, making them miss the meteor shower. They didn't seem to mind when they woke up. The telescope still sat there, untouched. Cold. And will have a story to tell to their kid.
The End