[ two ]

[edited 3 January 2017]

•••

The forest was a vibrant green, and Raine was dumbfounded at how something so beautiful could have sprung from something so violent and evil. She passed a large bush blossoming with bright purple flowers, and hesitantly, brushed her hand against them. They were soft, and silky, and kissed her fingers lightly, causing a small smile to spread across her lips.

Jasper was looking at the girl in front of him, watching as Finn plucked a flower and tucked it into Octavia's hair. The girl smiled up at him adoringly, and Jasper nudged his best friend, "Now that, my friend, is game."

Raine raised an eyebrow at the boy, but didn't say anything. Monty picked up one of the flowers, and held it out, "That, my friend, is poison sumac."

Raine smirked as Octavia swatted the flower out of her hair, crying, "What? It is?"

"The flowers aren't poisonous, they're medicinal. Calming actually." He spoke as he shoved the flower into his mouth. Raine shook her head softly at the boy eating flowers.

"His family grows all of the pharmaceuticals on the Ark." Jasper filled in, and Clarke turned around.

"Hey, guys, would you try to keep up?" she questioned, looking accusingly at Octavia.

"Hey, Clarke, would you try not to be so controlling?" Raine fired back at her, Octavia snickering.

"Sorry if I want to survive down here." Clarke responded in a snarky tone.

Ignoring Raine, Finn gestured to the green forest, "How do you block all of this out?"

Clarke shrugged, "It's simple; I wonder why haven't we seen any animals? Maybe it's because there are none. Maybe we've already been exposed to enough radiation to kill us. Sure is pretty though." She added, turning around and heading off.

"Someone should slip her some poison sumac." Octavia muttered, and Jasper snorted. Raine nodded as Octavia trotted past her.

"I gotta know what you two did to get busted." Finn grinned at the two boys, and Raine turned around in interest.

Monty glanced at Jasper, "Sumac's not the only herb in the garden, if you know what I mean."

"Someone forgot to replace what we took." Jasper accused, glancing at his best friend.

"I've apologised like a thousand times." Monty breathed out.

"What about you?" Jasper asked, and it took Raine a few moments to realise he was talking to her.

"It's not important." She brushed it off, but Finn nudged her shoulder, urging her on. Sighing, she stopped, the small group huddling around her. "I was framed, by my mother."

Jasper's eyes widened, whereas Finn raised an eyebrow, "I don't believe that."

Raine shrugged, "Whatever. I almost got floated because of that bitch."

Jasper turned to Octavia. "What about you? What'd they get you for?"

Octavia was silent for a moment, before muttering, "Being born."