[ nine ]

[edited 8 January 2017]

•••

I just wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone who has voted and commented on this story so far - this chapter is dedicated to you.

•••

Rain pelted against the dropship, teens struggling to hold down tarps that were flapping in the strong wind. The storm had come quickly and suddenly, giving them practically no time to prepare. Rain smashed against Raine's body as she helped a few lost kids back into the drop ship. She could see Clarke standing in the doorway, watching the storm with a solemn look on her face.

After Raine had followed a frantic Clarke into the drop ship this afternoon, she had been asked a bunch of questions, all of which she could only respond with 'I don't know'. When it had finally dawned on Clarke that Raine wasn't going to be very helpful, she dismissed her, telling her to be careful when eating or else her tongue was never going to heal.

When Raine looked again, Clarke was gone. She let go of the tarps, ushering the teens inside the drop ship. She shook the water from her jacket and looked for Bellamy, but he was nowhere to be seen. Raine hadn't seen him all afternoon, and there was a small nagging in the back of her mind about where he was.

She made her way over to where Raven was sitting hunched over the small radio she managed to build, and Raine could just hear her snapping at a girl, "Yeah, I'm sure!"

"Raven," Clarke spoke, the brunette turning to look at her. Raven's face was twisted into worry as she glanced briefly at Finn, lying on a makeshift table, before turning her attention back to the radio.

"Can anyone hear me?" Raven spoke, beginning to give up. She glanced at Finn again in desperation, watching as Clarke looking at the knife in his side. "Ark station, this is Raven Reyes, I'm on the ground with the one hundred... we need you..."

"Do you need any help?" Raine asked Clarke, Clarke looking up at her in surprise.

"Do you know how to remove a knife from someone?" Clarke asked lightly. Raine could hear the strain in her voice; see how Clarke's face was pinched in fear.

"Hey, you're going to save him." Raine assured her. "Raven's going to contact the Ark, and you're going to remove that knife. He'll be up and walking by tomorrow."

"Thank you." Clarke responded quietly.

Raine glanced at her feet before asking, "Have you seen Bellamy? I haven't seen him since we got back."

"No, I haven't, sorry." Clarke shook her head quickly, obviously still stressing about Finn.

Before Raine could say any more, a voice appeared on the radio. It was filled with static, yet people still went silent and listened. Raven perked up, speaking loudly as people began to crowd around her. Clarke pushed her way through the crowd, Raine following closely behind, butterflies erupting in her stomach.

"I'm transmitting from the ground. The one hundred are still alive. Please, we need Abby Griffin." Raven begged, her eyes drifting to Finn. "Doctor Abby Griffin, we need Doctor Abby Griffin."

It went silent for a few moments, the static becoming louder. Then a voice was heard, "Raven? Are you there?"

Clarke's eyes hardened as she heard her mother's voice, and Raven stood up, allowing the blonde to sit down. Raine watched in silence. Clarke spoke, "Mum? Mum, it's me."