Chapter 5: The Allies

Italy POV:

My eyes fly open as my body remains perfectly still. I don't move a muscle. Just another nightmare. I conclude once I see Japan—who's lying next to me—shift in his sleep. Ve~ Again; another fucking nightmare. Is it really too much to ask for a single night where I have absolutely no dreams? I sigh. I suppose so... I don't need a clock to know that it's somewhere around 4:30 AM. Hmmm. I usually wake up around 3:30 AM... Oh well, an extra hour of sleep will probably do me some good, anyhow. I listen to Prussia's quiet snoring—though he'd never admit that he fell asleep during his 'awesome watch'. He'll sleep until France comes knocking at the door.

I listen to the peaceful calm for about an hour. I feel Silver start to stir around 5:30ish. Buongiorno.

~Yes, good morning to you, too...~ There was a long pause. ~Another nightmare?~

Si. Loop 27. I can almost feel her wince. It's okay. So what's the weather like this morning? Can I take a peek?

~Of course~

Once again, I join my mind with Silver's body. This time, however, Silver is in control of her body—I just experience everything that she does. We call this technique, a Mind Transfer. Mind Transferring and Spirit Transferring work both ways. Silver can Mind Transfer or Spirit Transfer into my body, just like I can hers, though we're still working out some of the major glitches, if you will, of the Spirit Transfer from her body to mine.

The air outside is frosty and cool—even though it's the middle of summer. There's some frost on the blades of grass, but the sunlight will melt that soon enough. Silver stands up and stretches before shaking the dew and frost from her snowy white coat. She leaves the glade in search of something to eat. We spend the next few hours going over the different one-way entrances that are available this loop. I keep part of my mind focused on my body back in the Mansion so that if—for whatever reason—someone wakes up, I'll know.

So far, we've found that the Cavern Entrance is open, as well as the hidden back door from the room connected to the Kitchen with the safe. Though that one is almost always a trap, and when it isn't, it's a one-way ticket inside the Mansion, not out. There's likely one or two other obscure ways in this time, but the only relatively survivable way out is the Front Door.

Time is messed up here—no duh—and that's putting it mildly. Even though it's still morning—early morning at that—the Allies start to arrive. Silver and I watch them from the shadows. We keep our aura hidden so that England, in particular, won't notice us. We tune out most of what they say, and watch as they, too, enter the Forbidden Mansion. Though I can't help but hold back a slight wince as Russia glances over his shoulder as he enters, and looks directly at us with a curious gaze.

Damn. He noticed us again. I'll cut the connection here, anyways—France should knock on the door soon.

~Okay, Feli, just be careful~

Aren't I always? I tease back.

~No.~

With that, I return to my own body. Just as expected—after what only feels like seconds—the door handle rattles. Prussia jerks awake, making poor Gilbird tumble to the table.

"What was that?!" Prussia mutters to himself, as Gilbird chirps angrily. "It must have been the Awesome Me's imagination." I roll my eyes. I'm facing away from Prussia, so he can't see it anyways. Gilbird continues to chirp indignantly. "Alright, alright, sorry." He then starts to speak to Gilbird in a series of chirps and other bird-like noises.