Chapter 12: The Room

Italy's POV:

It's been three days since I told them. I'm still not sure how to feel about the entire situation. They still aren't entirely sure how to act around me—especially Germany. He's so used to having to 'take care' of me, and do 'everything' for me, that now that I'm self sufficient and able to fight for myself, he isn't quite sure what to do.

Luciano was able to get me a new sword, thank Dio. I'm not sure what I'd do without a good weapon. "Morning Japan~" I chirp happily to the Asian nation as he rises from his bed.

"Ohaiyo..." He sleepily rubs his eyes, graciously accepting the cup of tea from me. "Arigatou. Did you make breakfast again?" He asks, resting his chin on my shoulder to see what I'm cooking.

"Si. Breakfast burritos~"

"Sounds American." He scrunches his nose.

"It is, but it's actually pretty good. Besides; it's got a ton of protein in it, and we both know how much we all need that." I wink as he moves over to sit at the table and enjoy his tea before the 'loud ones' awaken. "Cover your ears." I smirk, and Japan is quick to do as I say.

"EVERYBODY UP! BREAKFAST IS READY!" I yell, making several nations jump out of bed in fright.

"Italien!" Germany growls out as he rounds the corner. "That was uncalled for!" He shoots me a glare, but I expertly ignore it.

"But Germany~!" I sing, holding out a special breakfast burrito and placing it at the table. "I have wurst~"

"... Wurst?" He asks, all anger gone.

"Si~ It's sitting at your spot at the table. Please eat it before it gets cold." I grin as he does so, smiling at his cup of coffee. "Same goes for the rest of you. Please eat before it gets cold."

"All right! Breakfast Burritos!! You're the best, Italy~!" America cheers; dousing his food in the Tabasco sauce I placed on the table for him.

We all enjoy the food, and make small talk. "So, do you think it's going to rain?" Canada asks, looking out of the nearby window at the dark clouds.

"Si. It'll rain this afternoon, around two thirteen." I state absently. For whatever reason, the weather patterns are always repeated. It always rains today, and it'll keep raining for the next three days, off and on. The day after tomorrow will be the worst. That's when I originally escaped during Loop One...

How're you holding up, Ying?

Since when do you give a crap?

Just answer the fucking question, already!

Ugh... Fine. I'm doing as okay as I can be. I'm... I'm still tired, but I've been restless lately. We've hardly left the Safe Room in three days! I'm sure the Things are getting anxious. Who's to say they'll follow the rules? I shake my head, eyes focused on the clouds. We'll need to be extremely careful. Perhaps I should go to the Fifth Floor myself...

"Oi!!" Romano snaps his fingers in front of my face, making me jump a bit.

"O-oh, it's just you, fratello. I'm sorry, I was thinking about something." I smile apologetically at him, re-sheathing my sword.

"I kinda figured. You've been spaced out for over ten minutes, you know?" He gives me a concerned look. "You've been spacey a lot lately. Is something going to happen?"

"I... I'm not sure. It's not often that we spend so much time in the Safe Room without venturing out and fighting. The Things are bound to be restless... and honestly, I am, too." I sigh, tracing the grains in the wood. "It might be better if I just went to break the clock on the Fifth Floor by myself, so nobody else gets hurt."