four

Harry hates everything. This has got to be one of Harry's worst ideas yet. He wishes he never told Liam. He knew Liam would try and butt in. He's Liam. Of course he'll ruin everything. So, Harry decides to leave the useless deli that he was suppose to meet Liam at and texts Liam,

- Ditching you bye
-What?? I'm almost there
-no
-come on please !

Harry ignores the text but his screen lights up again.

-For your... bro?
*Contact Blocked*

Harry smirks and tosses his phone to the seat next to him in the car. He has to do this on his own there's no way he's choosing something with Liam. So he picks up his phone once again, looks up a jewelry store and starts to drive.

...

Two hours later, Harry finally finds the perfect one. He sees it behind the glass and buys it on the spot. The moment he holds the size nine white gold metal in his hands, he knew. That's the one.

...

Sitting on a dull couch, Harry rethinks ditching Liam again.

"A musical. A flash mob!" Liam suggests, hands waving through the air with no purpose.

"You're fucking kidding me." Harry says with his face in his hands.

"A romantic serenade under the stars-"

"Try and start thinking of ideas that aren't shit, maybe?" Harry sighs.

Liam's trying to help Harry, but Harry shoots down every single one of his ideas. But who can blame him?

"What if..." Harry starts and Liam listens intently, "Oh forget it."

"No, keep going. What were you going to say?" Liam asks.

Harry bites his lip and tells him.

Liam jumps up and pulls Harry into a hug. Harry shoves Liam away with a disgusted look saying, "Don't do that."

Liam thinks Harry's plan is perfect. Liam approves and he's proud.

"When will this genius plan of yours happen?" Liam asks.

"A few days?" Harry says, unsure.

Liam raises his eyebrows, " A few days? Are you sure? I mean-"

"I'm sure." Harry snaps. "I'd do it right now if I could. But I can't. I can... But I want to do it-"

"I get it. Your choice. And you'll be fine no matter what." Liam comforts, knowing Harry is beginning to get overwhelmed.

"Yeah." Harry sighs, holding the ring in his hands.

....

"Someone important coming to see you there today?" Louis asks, putting his jacket on.

Harry shakes his head and looks down. Harry's left hand begins to sweat from being in his pocket, constantly checking to make sure the box is still there.

"Just another award ceremony thing." Harry replies, voice strained.

Louis smirks, "Seems like you're still a bit nervous, even though you get awards all the time. You're an incredible writer. Don't forget that."

And then Louis gives Harry a small kiss and Harry tries not to die right there. Even now Louis still gives Harry butterflies.

Harry rubs Louis' back and starts to kiss his neck.

Louis pushes back softly with a laugh, " We need to go or else we'll be late."

Harry nods, grabbing his keys but then he blurts out, "I'll meet you in the car. I- uh... have to use the restroom."

Louis nods, confused with Harry's choice of words, and walks out the door sending Harry a small smile.

Harry groans and wonders why the hell he's so nervous. He goes to the bathroom, splashing water on his face. He rolls his shoulder, giving himself a pep talk and reassuring himself that Louis loves him.

Harry knows Louis will say yes.

Right?

sorry for the shorterness of the chapter but  just wanted to update and i will soon so dont worry :)