Chapter 5: Cariche Returns

Travis woke up to the sound of gun blasts coming from inside of the city. He shook Evi awake.
"Hey babe." Evi said to Travis.
"Evi not now I heard gunshots coming from inside the city."
Evi immediately snapped up.
"Travis we gotta go! My dad is in there!"
The two got dressed and ran into the living room. Jason wasn't anywhere in sight. Travis assumed he was already in the city. The two ran out of the door and found out the gate was blocked by an army of strange looking humans. "Shit. Travis I know a secret way inside. Follow me."
Evi guided Travis to a door that lead into the sewers of Sanctuary. "Oh my god its disgusting down here." Travis said that as the couple trudged through the nasty sewer water.
"Ok here it is."
Evi boosted Travis out of the manhole leading into the alley behind Moxxi's bar. The two ran behind buildings until they reached Evi's house. The two crawled through the window. Evi saw her dad laying on the floor with a bullet lodged in his chest.
"DAD!"
Evi ran over to her dad and kneeled down to help him.
"Dad what happened?!" How the hell did they get through the gate?!"
Rizer grabbed Evi's hand and said to her. "Baby girl I'm not gonna make it. Its Cariche. He somehow revived and now he is attacking us. He stole my sword. Evi go get my sword and avenge me. Please I know you're ready."
Rizer's eyes slowly shut and his hand slipped from Evi's.
"Daddy no! Daddy..."
Evi fell over Rizer's body and wept. Travis grabbed Evi's shoulder.
"Evi we need to go and find Jason and get the fuck out of here."
Evi stood up and wiped the tears from her face. They grabbed all of the guns they could hold and rushed out of the doors to find Jason. The two snuck into the alleyway. After searching the two found Jason hiding behind a barricade with a stab wound in his arm.
"SON OF A BITCH!" he screamed as he poured alcohol on his wound.
"Jason thank god you're okay!" Travis was delighted to see his best friend.
"Yup I'm fine just a minor wound from A SWORD IN MY ARM."
Travis knelt down next to him and said, "Jason we need to go get Rizer's sword and avenge his death by killing Cariche."
"Wait but Cariche died 17 years ago." Jason said confused.
"He was revived somehow." Evi said to Jason.
Jason wrapped his wound and said
"Lets go kill a fucking demon. The three of them walked out of the city through the manhole. The three of them walked into Travis's shack.
"Okay we rest up, gather supplies, and go kill that bastard." Travis said angrily.
Jason said "Travis dude I've never seen this side of you."
Evi whispered in his ear, "Its kinda turning me on."
Travis smiled and took Evi to his room. Jason rolled his eyes and dropped to the couch and fell asleep.