Chapter 2.

Hayden Thompson.

I have known about Katherine and Mr. Matthews, or as she likes to call him, Dylan, for over a month now.

I don't think what they're doing is wrong, I'm one of those people who think that everyone is free to do whatever the hell they want. Even if it means dating a teacher.

I mean come on, you hire a twenty five year old hottie as a history teacher for high school students, somebody's bound to bang him. He is so handsome that it makes you want to actually show up to class and study.

And handsome is an understatement.

He is hot, and not just regular hot. Hemsworth hot, Hollywood hot.

I don't know why he chose to be a teacher, I mean he could easily make millions just by standing there without saying anything.

All I can say is that Katherine is a lucky girl.

"So, what are we wearing for the Winter Wonderland dance?" Jane asks as we sit down at our usual table in the cafeteria during lunch.

"My pajamas." I say taking a bite out of my burger.

"Seriously, Hayden." She says with a scowl.

"I don't know, I don't have anything winter wonderland-y." I shrug.

"What about you?"

"My new dress." Katherine says.

"The one that Mason bought you?" I ask with a raised eyebrow.

"Right, so I need to do some shopping." She says which makes me and Jane burst out laughing while she just chuckles and shakes her head at us.

"What is so funny?" Skylar appears with Ashley in tow.

"Nothing." Jane says between laughs waving her off.

They both sit down placing their trays in front of them on the table.

"Um, Ash? Are you okay?" Katherine asks after we all stare at Ashley for a moment.

"Why?" She asks looking worried.

"Because you're eating a salad and not drinking Coke? You always drink Coke." I say.

It's true, it's weird that she doesn't have it with her. I'm almost certain her mother used to feed her that instead of milk like normal babies.

She's obsessed with the stuff.

"I just don't have the appetite for anything today."

"Why? Is everything okay?" Jane asks with worry.

"I just don't feel good, I think I might be coming down with something."

"Well you better cover yourself with an extra blanket tonight because you can't get sick, the dance is next week." Skylar says.

"I'll be fine." She waves us off, before covering her mouth with her hand and running out of the cafeteria.

"What is wrong with her?" Katherine asks, her eyebrows drawn in concern.

"I don't know she ran out of class too, twice, she keeps throwing up." Skylar says equally worried.

"I'll go see if she's okay." I say standing up.

I turn around and see that Ashley is already walking back towards us.

"Hey are you okay? What happened?" I asks sitting back down.

"This is the fifth time I've thrown up today." She pushes away her food. "And I lost my appetite."

"Ashley maybe you should go see a doctor-" Katherine begins to say but Ashley cuts her off quickly, a little too quickly.

"No!" She all but yells.

"Maybe you should go to the hospital Ash, you may have a virus or something." Jane tries to convince her too.

"No I'm fine, it's probably the sushi I had last night or something." She says a little panicked. 

"Okay, if you say so." Katherine shrugs.

"So, how about we go shopping?" Skylar asks looking at each of us one by one.

"Now?" Ashley asks

"Yeah, come on it's already the last period, Ashley clearly needs some air, we clearly need new dresses. It's just cutting one class, come on we never do fun stuff anymore, I miss the old, wild us." She pleads.

"I'm in." To hell with school.

"Okay, fine." Katherine says

"I'm okay too." Ashley agrees playing with a piece of lettuce with her fork.

"Jane?" Skylar prods as we all waited for her answer.

"Sure, why the hell not?" Jane finally agrees too making us all squeal with excitement.

I never care about what other people think of me or what I do. I don't really care if skipping class is going to get me suspended that is if we get caught. I do what I want to do, and what I think is right. And taking a break from school is right, we need breaks sometimes.

The bell rings and everyone is hurrying to their classes while we hide in the bathroom so we could escape after everyone is inside.

"Is everyone in class?" Katherine whispers.

"They should be." I nod.

"Are you sure principle Higgins is not here?" Jane asks. She's always squeamish when it comes to breaking the rules.

"Yes, I'm sure." Skylar says.

"Yeah, I saw him leave too." Ashley confirms.

"Alright, I think it's clear to go." I give them an all clear.

We slowly make our way out of the bathroom and we're walking down the hall to reach the exit, when we hear someone clear their throat. We all turn around to see Higgins standing there with his hands in his pockets.

"Going somewhere?"

"Oh crap." I say before we all follow him to his office.