Chapter 4.

Skylar Johnson.

I am so glad Mr.Higgins didn't suspend us and called our parents and instead gave us detention.

Detention may be bad, but it's definitely better than suspension.

If my parents find out that I was skipping class, I'll be grounded for life. They have this perfect image of me, they always want straight A's, they don't know that I go out to parties and get drunk and live my life as I want to. They don't want me to drink, or to go to parties, how do you expect me to tell them? They think that I'm the sweet little girl that they want me to be. Every time I'm out to parties and stuff, they think that I'm out with my "study group."

They don't even know I have a boyfriend. They say that having one will distract me from my studies, and apparently I can't be distracted, because if I don't get straight A's all the time, I wont be able to get in a good college.

"Good job Skylar." Jane says as we walk back to class.

"Hey I said I was sorry." I say defensively. It's not like I forced them, they all agreed with me.

"Guys come on, it's just detention." Hayden tries to de-escalate the situation.

"Yeah, it's better than getting suspended." Katherine adds with a small smile towards me.

Jane sighs. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay, and I'm sorry again for getting us into this mess."

"It's alright, we haven't done anything this crazy for a while." Ashley says making us laugh.

"It's just detention right? What could go wrong?" I shrug before walking in class.

We have history now, with Mr.Matthews. We walk in and see that the classroom is a mess. And Mr.Matthews is nowhere to be found.

"Where's Dy-Mr.Matthews?" Katherine asks looking around.

"I don't know." A girl sitting in the front answers.

"Didn't he come today? Because I think I saw him in the hallway." She turns towards us and asks again.

"I don't know Katherine, who cares maybe we can leave early if he's not here." I say excitedly. Maybe we could actually make the shopping trip after all.

"Uh, there's no leaving for us. Remember?" Ashley says holding the detention slip up in the air.

I sigh in resignation. "Right, sorry again, my bad."

"So Sky, since you're officially the only one who has a boyfriend right now." Jane says. "Did Brian propose to you for the dance?"

"Yes, he did." I say not being able to hide my smile.

"You guys are so cute together." Katherine says with puppy eyes.

"Yeah, I love him." I sigh dreamily.

"And he loves you." Ashley nudges me and I giggle.

"It's obvious, duh." Hayden rolls her eyes.

"Katherine." I turn my attention to her.

"Yeah?"

"Seriously, you're not getting back with Mason?" I ask.

"Don't start Skylar."

"I keep telling her the same thing." Jane says as if finally getting backbone from my own questioning to pester her about this.

"Seriously Kath the dance is around the corner, do you really wanna go alone?" I ask.

"I don't care okay? I'm not not gonna get back together with him just because of a dance." She shakes her head.

"Then don't, get back together because you love him, he loves you, and you're good together." Jane trues to reason.

"No." Katherine shakes her head. "I just don't feel the same anymore."

"Come on guys, just let her be." Hayden intertwines her arm with hers.

The reason we're all questioning about Katherine's recent and abrupt break up with her boyfriend is because we all thought they were going to be together for a long time. But then suddenly Katherine decided to end things which shocked us all and broke Mason's heart.

Who knows what happened there.

"Is there someone else?" Ashley asks suspiciously narrowing her eyes at our friend.

I look at Katherine for a sign too, to see if that's the case but she gives away nothing.

"No!"

"Because if there is, you can tell us Kath."

"I know that, there's no one else. Is Matthews gonna show up or what?" She says mostly to herself, arms crossed, looking at the door.

Ashley is staring at Katherine suspiciously, you can tell she's angry at her about something. Is something going on that I don't know about? Again?

Sometimes I feel like my friends don't tell me things, I'm always the last one to find out about whatever is going on. They never come to me first if something's wrong. And even though I love them all, it annoys the hell out of me sometimes that they don't trust me enough, or at least as much as I trust them.

But I can't do anything about it. They're my childhood friends and I don't want to lose them.

Any of them.