Chapter 3: Colorado

A new chapter... Upon request! I really love the feedback! Thank you so much for reading. Not much happens... But Colorado is a great character to work with. Her defining traits are smart and flirty, so keep that in mind. Enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Colorado's real name is Natalie. Natalie Liberty because she takes after her dad in the way of extreme nationalism. But, details, details.

Despite being a relatively new state in comparison, Natalie prefers the traditional way of doing things.
Letter not emails
Visits not phone calls
And supporter of guns.

All these reasons and more just contribute as to why she hasn't met all of her siblings. You see, Natalie Liberty is a complex person. She prefers to meet someone, know them inside and out, then move on. It's how she deals with her immortality.

So, Ms. Liberty wanted to go to the meeting ASAP then get out ASAP. 

Unfortunately, she walked in and saw Arizona and Alaska talking to each other, sharing stories of how it was like under another countries reign.

Now, Arizona and Alaska are surprisingly close. Arizona was owned by Mexico and her first language and heritage isn't American or English. Alaska was owned by Russia and his first language and heritage isn't American or English. They just fit.

Now, Colorado has never met any of the newer states, so she skillfully avoids talking to Alaska and Arizona.

If you consider tripping over a chair and falling into Alaska skillfully avoiding.

Nice one, Colorado.

"Ohmy I am so sorry.... I didn't mean..." Natalie said, pushing herself off Alaska.

"No worries." Alaska mumbled, getting up.

"Hey only states and countries are allowed here right now." Arizona said, flipping a braid over her shoulder.

"Ah! Colorado!" America said almost on queue.

"Wait... You're Colorado? So nice to meet you!" Alaska said, taking Colorado's hand and shaking it.

"Omg hi!" Arizona said, pulling her close into a bear hug.

"Hi...." Colorado said, voice trailing off.
Ew.... People.

"Hola! Yo soy Spain."
"What?" Colorado said.
"Aw, it was worth a try. I'm Spain."
"Hi, Spain."

"Ciao! I'm Veneziano!" N.Italy piped in.
"...and I'm Romano..." S.Italy added.
"We're the Italy brothers."
"Oh, so, like the Mario brothers?"

Dead silence.

"Tough crowd." Colorado whispered to herself.
"Well, Romano is. I think Veneziano just doesn't get it." Prussia said, putting a hand on her shoulders.
"And you are...?"

Prussia stepped back, then dramatically collapsed to the ground.

"I fade away.... Unrecognized..." Prussia began, fake tears glittering in red eyes.

"Get the fuck up." Romano said, pulling on his collar.

"A name that once ruled the world has fallen. But my name will live on, in the memory of those who have fought..."

"A real Shakespearean tragedy." England said sarcastically.

"As their grave stones still stand..."

"Just call him Prussia and he'll be done." Germany said in colorado's ear.

"As my heart still beats and my feet still walk..."

"Oh you must be Prussia." Colorado said finally.

"That I am. Standing in my full glory and awesomeness."

"I thought you'd be too awesome for such common affairs." Colorado said, batting her eyelashes.

She was genuinely interested in Prussia. Amusing comedian had been done before, but not in such a condescending way.

Peculiar specimen.

Prussia's face flushed red and he said "you speak well! You're probably the most awesome state. Certainly the most prettiest." Prussia said with a wink.

What a flirt....
But she liked it??? What??!

"Awwww the Sparks are flying!" Arizona said with a gasp.

"Yeah, between our sister we just met and a stuck up used-to-be country." Alaska said quietly.

Colorado and Prussia, however..... This might go somewhere

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh la la~ I'm sorry, I'm a sucker for good romance. And I figured this would be good to get some real character development going.

Anyhow, I am now going to try to be more active, but my Wattpad app freaked out and I totally forgot to reinstall.
And follow me on Instagram! Ashley_Er1n_ (with the "I" in Erin being a one). Y'all can remind me to do shit on the app.