Chapter 5: south dakota

Richard Falls put a wheat grain in his mouth then looked over his corn fields. The quietness of Mitchell, South Dakota rushed over him as he took in the clean air. He looked at pictures that lined his house; and post cards of the famous South Dakotan monuments Mount Rushmore and the Corn Palace.

"Such peace and crop prosperity." Whispered Richard, as he sipped his coffee. Birds chirped as the sun just rose and all was still.

Then, a soft ring was heard from his pocket. He took out his phone and opened it, only to immediately regret it.

"HEY SOUTH D, GET YA ASS DOWN TO DC AND MEET EVERYONE!! CMON BRO!!!!!"

Richard closed his flip phone before America could say any more. He took one last look over the vast corn fields and said
"God dammit, Alfred. I was having a moment."

He threw his wheat on the ground and marched inside to pack his things.

The commute to DC wasn't going well. He had to drive an hour to the Sioux Falls airport then hop on various different planes because there was no straightaway to DC.

He finally got there, and Alaska's hands fell on his shoulders and shook the living shit out of him.

"You've finally made it!!!!"
"Yes, I have. Now do you have pain killers?"
"You sound like England!"
"You sound like fucking Sarah Palin."

Alaska backed off with a "jeez bro didn't know you were so rude"

Alaska and South Dakota have met before. Alaska went to see Mount Rushmore and ran into Richard. They exchanged few words, but Alaska not enough to get to know eachother.
"I...ugh, I'm sorry. The plane ride was hell." Richard said is exasperation
"Hey no problems, bro."
They spent about 10 minutes speaking with other countries before Alfred stood up on a table and said
"HEY EVERYONE! THERES A SNORLAX RIGHT OUTSIDE THIS BUILDING!"
Excited buzzing rang throught the DC halls and the states rushed outside. All attention, however shifted to Richard as he said "What the fuck is a Snorlax?".

"You're shitting me, right?" asked Arizona said.

"no, im dead serious."

"What you are is dead oblivous." Alasks retorted. Richard grunted and said "Just explain it to me."

The next 30 minutes was spent with america harping about team valor's signifigance to the pokemon world.

"-and thats why diggletts enjoy lettuce."