Chapter 6

Wife of a priority

Tae had been in a hotel for the past month or so and he hadn't spoke to his boy in that time either . He had just been reflecting on everything that went down with the Macy situation and he was hurt . He thought that Macy would be the woman he would lock down , come to find out she was just as grimy as they came & his shorties possibly might not even be his .

Tae looked down at his phone and saw that it was Ja calling and he picked up on the first ring .

" what's the word "? Tae asked

" what's the word ? Nigga is you serious ? where you been ? Got my black ass worried sick thinking some niggas done got at you ".

" I been doing some thinking ". Tae said glad that at least somebody in his life gave a fuck about him .

" Okay Rev Run , it's time for a intervention . Swing through my crib later on today ". Ja told his boy . He was honestly worried about him .

" I got you , I'm getting ready now ". Tae told him . It would be the first time in 4 weeks that he got some air from the outside world .

                              ••••

Although it was a Tuesday summer night , Mercedes was slaving over a stove like always in her home . Her man was having company over and he wanted her to prepare some homemade hot wings , quesadillas and  spinach dip . She didn't know who he was having over but when she saw it was Tae she damn near flipped her top .

" Your company was Tae ? nigga y'all coulda ordered dominos . Got my fat pregnant ass in her slaving away like my name is Kunta kinte or some shit ". Mercedes spoke making the fellas laugh . " & where the fuck you been at nigga ? Got my man over here worried sick ".

" I been maintaining in a hotel sis ", Tae told her honestly .

" a hotel ? For what "? Mercedes asked .

" me and your girl ain't together no more ".

" oh shit , what happened "? Mercedes asked .

" after that argument we had I went to chill out at a hotel for a few days to get my head together . I was willing to work shit out with her but when I got to the crib she was nonchalant as hell saying dating me was a mistake and getting pregnant by me wouldn't have happened because she would've got an abortion if she knew before 4 months of the pregnancy . She was wishing that she never fucked with my type & then she told me the shorties might not even be mines ".

" let me go get my sneakers so I can go beat this bitch ass ", Mercedes said turning the eyes to the stove off .

" Mercedes sit down , you ain't going no damn where pregnant with my baby ", Ja warned her .

" nigga and you need to stop getting me pregnant so I can bust bitches asses , or Imma start laying yo ass out on behalf of them ". Mercedes sassed .

" so she told you who might be the other possible father "? Ja asked as he passed Tae a beer and a plate .

Mercedes couldn't help but ear hustle & almost bust her ass doing so .

" Ma do you mind "? Ja asked turning to look at his wife who was arranging pictures that she hadn't touched since they moved in .

" Naw , I don't . This my house too ". Mercedes laughed .

" I'm trynna talk to my mans , go see what my kid doing ", Ja demanded . He really wanted to see where his bestfriends mental was at . He knew how love could be , shit would have you feeling the worst or the worst or the best of the best .