1

I set the Nervegear on my head and laid on my bed. "Link Start."

"State Language." The computerized male voice had no feeling to it. It was extremely fake with no emotion.

"English."

"Use existing account?"

"Yes."

"Would you like to reset account?"

"Take me back to floor one. Hide stats. Keep name."

"Okay. Ready?"

"Link start!"

The system brought up the visable image of a field. I, now a boy with the name Dragon Boy, had been imported into the virtual visable reality of Sword Art Online. In the field stood two other people, a male and a female, with the usernames Ultimate Dragon Slayer and Username1.

I ran up to the two. "Drako! Amy! You guys just get here?"

"Dragon Boy?" Amy asked, "Do we know you?"

"It's me, Lillyin... Get down!" I grabbed my friends' shoulders and pushed them down to the ground behind me as a boar spawned behind them. I drew my sword and charged at the large bull-like beast that had appeared behind my friends. I knew that this being a level one monster it wouldnct have the leval to deplete my friends' HP but if you lose too much before level two it could be devastating and you would be unable to get past level two. With one blow from my double bladed sword the monster was destroyed and I gained three EXP. "I need a more versatile weapon," I whispered to myself.

"Wow!" Username1 stood up. "It really is Lillyin! She uses the same style, only less extravagant and deadly, in her martial arts class. You do need something for your hand to hand though."

"You're right... But how do you know that. Our martial arts class is an all-girls class," Ultimate Dragon Slayer pointed out.

Username1 turned the deepest red. "My sister is in the class and family is welcome to come watch."

"You don't have a sister and families are not welcome!" I yelled."You're the asshole who has been watching us from behind the fucking bleachers!"

Username1 appeared to get even redder. In an embarrass voice he said, "Yes I am."

"We had to train before school because coach thought there was a competition spy!" I took a deep breath. "Never mind that now. We need to get to the Town of Beginnings. Towns are safe zones."

"How the hell do you know that?" asked Ultimate Dragon Slayer.

Thinking fast I said, "I read the guide that beta testers handed out. What do you think I did in that fucking extra math class?"

"I don't know maybe... MATH!"

"Funny, Amy."

Ultimate Dragon Slayer led the way into town.

The town square of Village Square was full of confused people some trying to exit the game others buying things in the multiple different shops selling everything from swords to pancakes and coffee. All of a sudden the sky was filled with a holographic projection of the games master but it didn't show his face. Just a blurry spot.

The man spoke. "Attention, players. I welcome you to my world."

"What the hell does he mean by that?" asked Username1.

The man continued. "My name is Akihiko Kayaba. And as of this moment, I am in control of this world. I'm sure most of you have already noticed an item missing from your main menus, the log out button. Let me assure you, this is not a defect in the game. I repeat, this is not a defect. This is how Sword Art Online was designed to be.