Prologue

Third Person's POV:

A long, long time ago, there was once a time when dragons ruled the land of Fiore. But they disappeared, all on the same day, and left everything behind. Including the kids that they had raised. These kids raised by dragons, are known as dragon slayers. They possess the same abilities their dragons once used, being almost as powerful as them.

But there is a catch, the dragon slayers, even ones with lacrimas placed within them, all go through this season that they have no control over.

This season, is known as Dragon Slayer Mating Season.

This is when all these dragon slayers go through a period of time where they are to choose a mate and mate with them. There are certain rules and a process to this.

The process is that the dragon slayers must choose a mate first of all.

First off the dragon slayer will not act like them self. They will act the total opposite. This stage only lasts about a day, possibly two.

Second off, they will become very, VERY protective over their mate. If they see anyone as a threat, they will hurt them or possibly kill them. This stage happens throughout the season, even after it's over.

Thirdly, the dragon slayer will become almost like a humanoid dragon themselves, possessing dragon scales and possibly wings. At this time, the mate may also possibly possess the same feelings that their chosen mate is feeling. For example, if the dragon slayer is feeling pain, the mate may also experience pain. This lasts until the mate accepts or rejects the dragon slayer. Also, at this stage, the dragon slayers and their mate will be able to talk through a mind link connection. If the mate rejects the dragon slayer, then the mind link will be broken.

Fourthly, the mate themselves may be able to possess the same abilities their chosen dragon slayer possesses. They will be almost as strong as them and be able to use these powers anytime. When the season is over, the powers will be stored inside them. The powers will somehow be mixed in with the mates own magical ability and they can access these powers anytime they want. If the mate rejects the dragon slayer, then the powers will not work for them.

The last part of this eventful season is when the dragon slayer finally mates with their chosen mate. The dragon slayer will mark their mate, showing any one else that the mate is theirs and theirs only. When the mate is bitten, they will go into a sleep, where they will decide if they want to become the dragon slayers mate or not. Once their decision is made, the season will be over. This is the longest stage because some dragon slayers have to wait years before their chosen mate actually accepts them.

If the mate however, says no to their dragon slayer, the dragon slayer will die, slowly, painfully, and with a broken heart.

Now, back to Fiore, it has been years since a dragon has flown over the land. But that's no worry because there are a bunch of dragon slayers around Magnolia, Fiore's capital. There is a particular guild in Magnolia, called Fairy Tail where all types of wizards reside, and is the home to 4 dragons slayers.

Also in Magnolia, another guild called Sabertooth shelters 2 more dragon slayers.

What will happen to these guilds when dragon slayer mating season comes along and is affecting all the dragon slayers? Will the mates of these dragon slayers accept or reject their so called chosen mates?