Chapter Two

"Killian, I'm sorry." He lowered his head at her words. "Trust me im doing to the right thing. Please, i just need your trust."
He laughed sarcastically and mumbled,
"how can I now?"

*19 years ago*
The forest and villages were alive with the sound of horses hoofs clattering and the ships sailing in to the port.
"Come on Emma, we need to see the sailors." The eleven year old rolled her eyes at the boy but followed him through the crowd to the ships.
They stared as families cheered and ran over to their loved ones, exiting the boats.
Emma noticed one family in particular. A usual looking family, a mum, a dad and a little girl. she watched as the father lifted the girl up and spun her around, whilst she giggled and flung her arms in air.
Killian turned to look at Emma, noticing a tear roll down her face.
"Um, are you okay?" He asked nervously.
She realised and quickly wiped it away before nodding and walking down the docks with him.
"Why is this day so important anyway? Its just men coming home." she whined "To people they saw only a few weeks ago."
Killian sighed,
"more like months, and these aren't just men. They're heroes! Sailors! Sailors, that have travelled to different lands trying to provide wealth for all the kingdom through food and trade partner."
He jumped up and down before bursting out "Emma, Im going to be a sailor. Im going to be a hero one day, you'll see."
After walking around the village, the children decided it was best to go back to the house. Emma, as usual was the one to walk the other home.
"How come I've never seen your place? We always meet at mine." Killian asked once they got there.
Emma smiled as she shut the gate, making a barrier between them.
"You have."
With that, she walked down the path and into the forest.