Chapter Four

Killian could hear the muffled talking that was happening in the nearby room. He tried to get his hand and his hook out of the handcuffs but Emma had learnt from her previous mistakes and protected it with magic, so even his detachable hook couldn't help him. He looked around looking for something, anything that could get him out. He scanned the room again, only this time his eyes fixed on a box. He knew he'd seen it somewhere but couldn't remember where. The door flung open, stopping any thoughts he had. His breathing became uneven and his heart began to race. The man he knew to be the most ruthless and evil demon to walk this or any other land, was now stood in-front of him with the woman he thought he loved by his side.

*14 years ago*

"Milah! Hey... erm... I wanted to ask you something." The stuttering 16 year old ran nervously to catch up to the beautiful brunette that was walking home from her fathers work. 

"Hi Killian. Go ahead." she shot an innocent smile at him. He lowered his head and laughed at his own foolishness. 

"I just wanted to know if, maybe, you'd like to go out with me sometime?" her smile grew bigger as she heard his words, and she nodded quickly. "Yes, of course. I'll see you here tonight and we go out somewhere." she replied before walking off into town, leaving the very happy Killian standing in the middle of the street. 

-

Emma was sat next to the lake, Killian had chased her to the night they met, watching the swans swim on top of the calm waters. She looked down to see the letter in a white envelope with golden lettering that she had received earlier that day. Knowing who it was from she ignored it for as long as possible, nervous for what it may say inside. 

After a while, she picked up the envelope and ripped open the top. She pulled out the letter and read the black ink. 

Dear Miss Swan,

Your time has come, we need you now more than ever. He was willing to let you off once, he won't do it again. Please don't let us down. Return to the castle by nightfall tonight, you know who you have to bring with you. 

There was no receipt but she knew exactly who sent it. Emma ripped up the letter, threw it into the lake and stood there for a while, watching as the ink leaked through the paper. Suddenly, she heard voices behind her. She turned around to see Killian and Liam walking towards her.

"Emma, hey!" Killian called as he caught sight of her. "I haven't seen you in a while, what's going on?" 

Liam walked away, allowing Emma and Killian to walk alone around the lake. 

"Nothing, I've just been busy." She replied nervously. They walked  in silence until Emma let out the question she had been refraining herself from asking, "So, who's Milah?" 

"How did you..?" 

"I heard you and Liam talking about her the other day." She said interrupting him.

"She's a girl, that i met whilst down at the docks. I think her dad is a sailor so she helps there sometimes and we are going for drinks later tonight." He smiled at the thought, but she noticed and quickly tried to hide her face as the anger and sadness took over. She carried on listening him talk about Milah, and watched as he smiled at her name or at how his eyes crinkled when Emma said something sarky about him being smitten. 

Emma sighed quietly, as she knew she had to do it, but that didn't stop the doubt and regret from trying to show. "Killian?" He looked at her, oblivious to what was about to happen, and mumbled a yes. "I'm sorry." She finally said before her hands lit up and Killian was down on the floor in no time. She cradled his boy for a while deciding what to do, until finally she decided to take him to to the castle as planned. 

In a cloud of purple smoke they arrived in front of the castle doors.

"I'm here to see your leader, he's expecting me." she said to one of the guards. They let her in, and carried the unconscious boy behind her. Emma's eyes widened as she walked inside, the rooms were big and empty, yet there was something so beautiful about that to her. She walked past a maid who was dusting some cups in the corner. She noticed one of them was chipped but the beautiful maid didn't seem to care, the brunette simply smiled and carried on cleaning. Emma gave her a sympathetic look as she knew walking for The Dark One couldn't of been funny. The maid, who goes by Belle, returned her smile before looking up the stairs and realising the leader was stood at the top of the stairs. 

"You finally did it Miss Swan. Well done. You've made your mother proud." He smirked before opening the doors to the main room and walked in quickly, leaving Emma to trail behind, worried and scared.