Chapter 7

OH. MY. GOD. 58 COMMENTS ON THE LAST CHAPTER?! THAT IS INSANE!! Thank you so much everyone! Love you guys with all my heart!!

Elizabeth's P.O.V

I woke up to see a familliar face staring at me with pure love in his eyes. The guy with the knife that threatened me and Logan. My eyes widened and I crawled to the other side of the bed and curled up into a ball.

He frowned as he watched me. "What's wrong sweetheart?" He asked with concern. I narrowed my eyes at him. I've seen him somewhere before. "Y-You look familliar." I whispered and his eyes widened and joy filled with them.

"I-I do? I'm your next door neighbour! Tanner." He grinned and I frowned. One second he's holding a knife to my throat and the next he's cheery and jolly. He's not fooling me. I know he's evil and this is all a cover-up. I saw the blade on the arm chair on the other side of the room and held back a gasp. I knew it.

I hid my head in my knees and back away a bit more. "Please don't hurt me." I whimpered, feeling pathetic. His face softened and he reached out for me. I shook my head and curled upto the wall, getting as far away from him as I possibly could.

He sat down at the edge of the bed I was sitting on. The bed was pushed right up against the wall and a brown leather arm chair sat opposite it. His hand brushed over my foot gently, where my bruise was from where Gerard would drop heavy metal objects on it. I flinched back and he sighed.

"I would never hurt you Elizabeth." He said gently. I glared at him fiercely, totally forgetting about the really sharp knife pratically next to him.

"Oh yeah? Then why did you threaten me and Logan?" I sneered. He looked down, dis-appointed in hinself. Yeah! He bloody well should be. Threatening a completely innocent girl for no reason what-so-ever! Should be ashamed.

"Well? What's your reason?" I urged. He stood up suddenly. "Because I was jealous damn it! I've loved you since I first laid my eyes on you and did everything I did to get you to try and notice me! I even persuaded your father Gerard or whatever his name is to not hurt you and to beat me up instead!" He paused and I gasped. He did what? How did I never notice?! Gerard would take one or two days off from beating me every now and again come to think of it...

"And then Logan just walks along and you take one look at him and you're in love with him!" He roared, anger pulsing through his veins. I hold back the urge to protest 'Well that's because we're soul mates dumbass' because I'm terrified of what he is capable of.

"I've tried years and years for you just to look my way just once! Just once!" He crumbled to the floor and held his head in his hands. "I love you so much but until now you didn't even know I existed!" He screamed, his voice laced in pain. My eyes softened for him. Tears rolled down his cheeks and I oddly felt the need to comfort him.

Slowly and quietly, I crawled over to him. I gently engulfed him in a light hug. He stiffened at my touch but relaxed after a moment. He hugged me back.

Some people say I have one fault, it's that I'm TOO nice.

"Elizabeth... I love you so much I would never hurt you." He said truthfuly and guilt bubbled up inside of me. "I'm sorry." He apologised.

"For what?" I asked softly. He hung his head in shame. He looked up and met my eyes. "For what I'm about to do." He slowly stood up, wiping the constant flow of tears that are running down his pale cheeks away.

His eyes were red and puffy and I'm guessing he's been crying for a while. He sniffled and shakily ran fingers through his dark hair. "What are you going to do..." I trailed off, suddenly scared.