Chapter Eight: Asking Mother

After school, Brandon met you at art class like usual and he took your hand to walk of out of school, so you wouldn't get lost in the crowd of excited teenagers wanting to get home. It was Friday today and you and Brandon had some planning to do, so you guys can run away from home, maybe with mom even.

While you and Brandon were walking home, you were lost in your thoughts thinking about the future without your father. Just imagine it! No more pain, no more suffering, no more fear, and no more negativity in your life! 'I can't wait for that..' you smiled to yourself as you closed your eyes thinking about how better your life would be. You swung your arm as you gently squeezed your brother's hand in happiness.

Brandon looked over at you with a small smile on his face, "why are you so happy?" You were too lost in your thoughts, thinking about the future with only mom, Brandon, and you in it. "(N/n)," your brother called, but no answer came. "(N/n)~" still, not a single word came from your mouth. "(Y/n).." You didn't even take a single glance at him.

"(Y/n)!" From that little shout for your attention had worked, you quickly looked over to his direction with a look of shock upon your face, only to receive a chuckle from him. "Y-Yes, bro?" You managed to stutter from your shock.

"I wanted to know why you were so happy, (N/n)!~" He sang to you as he ruffled your (h/l) (h/c) hair, messing it up.

"You'll see why I am so happy soon!" You gave a little cheer, but your (e/c) orbs sparkled in happiness. Your smile was as wide as ever, it felt as though you haven't smiled truly in years.

Before the both of you knew it, you were halfway home. You turned your face to the side, looking off to the sunset; the sky looked like a large rainbow took over the once light blue sky. Red, orange, and yellow stood out the most, your hand started to slip out of your brother's, and slowly started to walk towards the glorious sunset. Whose light tried its best to shine through the darkening sky.

Timeskip: 15 minutes later

Finally, Brandon dragged you home from the beautiful sunset, and the two of you did not see your father's car; instead, the both of you saw your mom's car, you couldn't wait to see if she would like to run away with you and your brother.

You practically ran to the front door, took a deep breath, and entered into the home. You walked upstairs, after taking off your shoes, and knocked on the master bedroom door. "Come in~" You heard, and willingly opened the door to see your mom on her computer, looking up recipes.

"Hey mom, can we ask you something?"

"Sure hon, what is it?" Olivia turned switched her computer to 'sleep' and turned over to you, so you knew you had her undivided attention. Just then, you heard a knock, and you looked over at the door. Your mother nodded, "you can come in."

On cue, Brandon walked in the room, he saw that you had her attention, and he gave a gentle smile.

"So what do my little poppets need?~" She flashed her grin, looking right at the two of you. Brandon looked at you and nodded, you breathed and looked at Olivia.

"Mom, would you like to run away with us?"

Cliffhanger~ I'm so mean.. ;w; Also I'm sorry I haven't been updating..I'm thinking about changing the point of view again to the reader's point of view.. I thought it would be cool..and easier.. Yeah, maybe I'll do it!

I'm kidding about the cliffhanger though... here..

Olivia seemed to be taken back by my question, her green eyes looked as if she was about to tear up. She seemed to hesitate a bit, "I...I would love to, but...what about my job?"

"You can look for another baking job, can't you?" Brandon asked with a worried voiced, it looks like he knew what her answer was.

"...." Olivia fell silent to his question, he only nodded, "I understand you need time to think. Promise us you won't tell father, we were planning on going soon; so please, if you can, do you think you can give us an answer before next Friday?"

"I promise not to tell a soul, son, and yeah I think I can." Mom smiled, "oh and your father won't be here until late tonight." She winked, maybe things will go our way.

Okay, I'm actually ending the chapter here..so see ya~ ☆