Battle Camp

• Dedicated to Chris C.

I know I said I was putting this On Hold, but I think I have more inspiration for this book than I do any of my others. So this is a real chapter, I swear. 

____________________________________________________ 

Chapter 2

"We are going to train outside today," Daniel said to us.

We walked through the halls and outside to the training courses. We walked to the track so, Daniel could clock Connor's time. He took me to the training boxes (small, fenced-in area with a fighting assistant). In an area there are six spaces. Each one is like a new level. I always have stayed in section 6. I always compete against the same people every day. I always win. People always throw dirty looks my way. I just roll my eyes and laugh. I walk through level five where the one person I can tolerate at battle camp, is stretching.

Chris. Christopher is his real name. He has never given me his last name. I would have done the same, but since I beat a trainer at such a young age he found out. Not to mention he use to be my twin's best friend, and came to our house all the time.

"Hey Chris," I say as I walk by.

At the sound of my voice he whips around. Wow, he's changed. He was an inch shorter than me at the end of our freshman year, now at least half a foot taller than me. His multi-colored eyes seemed more vibrant, more alive 

His black hair finally grew back from the buzz cut he got as the result of pranking my older brother, Adrian.

"Hey Ki-Ki," he says walking up to me.

"I think I actually missed that nickname," I said smiling up at him.

He laughs, "I missed you, too."

"You've changed so much! Now I feel short!" I exclaim.

"I'm not the only one, if I hadn't heard your voice I wouldn't have known it was you," he said with a smile on his face.

"You mean the fact that my body finally recognized that I was a girl, than yeah I've changed," I stated .

His eyes travel down to my chest. Wow that area has been gaining a lot of attention lately. I cleared my throat to gain his attention again.

I just looked at him. He started to rub the back of his neck in the 'I'm embarrassed' way.

I laughed, "So, are you excited for this new year?" I asked with fake enthusiasm.

"I guess, not really though. It's just another year your ass of a brother gets to torment me," he said looking away at the group where my brother was.

"I could always talk to him," I told him for the hundredth time.

"No, I'll be fine," he said.

"Ever since Ashton left everyone's been out of hand," I said finally looking away from the group acting like idiots.

"It was like he held this town from crossing the line of insanity," he said slightly chuckling.

"Yeah, that's for sure," I said laughing softly.

"Well, you should probably go start I think you trainer is coming back with the newbie, what's his name?" He said.

"Connor, and I'll see you after training. We still walkin' to school together?" I asked walking backwards towards the gate to level 6.

"Yeah, I'll meet you outside your training room, I get out earlier," he said turning back to his training.

I pick up a sword and start doing the routine moves. With each move I learn is like another step to add to the dance.

Out of the corner of my eye I see Connor and Danny watching. So, I finish the routine set down that sword, only to pick up the practice battle sword. Basically a very, very dull sword. Kato comes to stand next to Danny.

I walk over to the fence, "Hey Danny, who am I going to fight today?"

"Connor," he says with a smug look.

Connor's eyes widen, he turns to Danny, "Me?" He asks.

"Yep, I've heard stories of you so I want to put them to the test," he said still trying to stare me down.

"How have I never heard of him?" I asked still not backing down from the stare down.

"Because you are in a rank higher than him," he said. Then he gave up. He looked away.

"Yes, I won," I said.

"You always win," a voice behind me said.

"Oh I didn't know you were even a part or this conversation, Lucas," I sneered as I turned to face my brothers new best friend.

He's taller than me by like a foot, he has dirty blonde hair, blue sliver eyes, and is a player. "Oh great warrior, I hope he beats your ass," he says getting closer to my striking range. The grip on my sword tightened. I could feel my anger boiling. Chris saw what was happening and jump the fence to stop me from doing any damage. He got in between Lucas and I. He place his hands on my shoulders and bent down a little to look me in the eyes.

"Hey Ki-Ki. Listen to my voice. Breathe. Calm down. Pull through it. I know you can. You always do. Relax," I started visibly calming at his touch and words.

"Ok, I'm ok now," I said quietly.

I could see Lucas talking to my brother. My brother was laughing. I started to feel the anger building inside me again. Chris threw his hands off me. I looked at him, his hands were burned. Did I do that? What the hell? How did I burn him?

I came back from my thoughts to see people gathering. Kato looked at me with a mixture of fear, confusion, and wonder in his eyes. Then all at once I got really hot, I started falling, and I blacked out.

---///---///---///---///---///---///---///---///---///--///---///---///---/// 

So what did you think? Any kind of feed back would be nice. Please if you find any mistakes tell me.

Please:

Vote,

Comment,

& Follow

-Izzy