I Have To Do What?!

Chapter 3

I woke up to a loud crash and people yelling. When I opened my eyes, I saw something I definitely had not expected. I expected to see bright lights and white walls, but instead I saw my room, my bed, and a broken chair? Wait, wasn't that chair on the other side of the room? I look over at the now vacant space, but I was incapable to see it. Due to the hulk-like man in my room. Oh wait, that's just Chris. Wait a minute, why is Chris in my room, standing by my bed, holding my hand, with a look on his face that reads; I-will-rip-your-face-off-of-your-head-and-replace-it-with-your-ass-then-walk-away-smiling. Another way to describe him is a giant bear that just got a stick up his ass. Does that count as poking the bear? Maybe I should listen to what they are saying.

"You aren't there for her, you haven't been there for her since the summer before fifth grade. When she found out she was going to Battle Camp with us. She over heard that conversation we had the night before fifth grade. The one where you said she wasn't going to make it. The one where you said that girls aren't as strong as 'us boys' and the one where you said you hated her for 'stealing your spotlight'. Yes Kato, she heard that entire conversation and I found her crying her eyes out because of your words. Ever since then she has been working to prove you wrong, to prove that women are men's equals, if not better. Have you even considered, maybe there's a reason why she's so hostile? Maybe there's a reason why she is so reserved towards people. Maybe there's a reason why she is so hardcore. And yet, you want me to leave because I'm not family? I'm more her family then you are." He looked down at me. I had enough time to close my eyes but I wasn't fast enough to catch the tear rolling down my cheek.

"I know you're awake, so stop faking it," he said wiping the tear away.

I opened my eyes to see Kato walking out of my room with his shoulders slumped and his head down. I looked back up to see Chris's bloodshot, puffy eyes.

"Why did you tell him?" I asked in a voice barely above a whisper.

"Because you weren't going to," he said brushing the hair out of my face.

"That wasn't your decision to make." I said sitting up, but instantly regretted it.

My head got really light, the room swayed side to side, my vision tunneled in and out, and yet I continued to get out of bed, no matter the protests my body made. With each step toward the door the feeling lightened up. By the time I reached the top of the stairs, it felt like wieghts have lifted off me, and the whole world was clearer. I was about to decend the staircase when I heard the raised voices of Kato and Ashton???

What is Ashton doing here? Isn't he supposed to be in Brazil or something? Finishing his final Battle Camp classes. Why is he here? How long was I out? Was he pulled out because of me? Did he finish early? All these questions ran through my head as I walked down the stairs, through the hall way, and into the kitchen. Ashton stopped mid sentence to look at me with worry etched on his face.

"What are you doing out of bed?" Ashton asked.

"What are you doing home? You weren't due back till the end of next month," I countered.

"I'm worried about your health, Naki" he warned in a low voice.

"I'm worried about your 'life', Ashton" I said matching his tone.

"Why do you have to be such a hard-headed smart-ass?" He asked in a slightly annoyed, frustrated tone.

"I'm a fifteen year old teenage girl with major anger mangement issues, duh," she said in a bored tone.

"Well, if you must know I finished early. And I heard you had you first episode, so I came back." He said.

"Episode?" I asked confused by what meant.