Denial

No... I can't be... This can't be right... This isn't me... I am not... Cannot... I will not! I screamed out, in frustration. Not understanding what would happen if they found me like this. I could hear the men shouting and running down the hall towards me.

I threw the sword down stalking away backwards. My hands trembling like the sword on the floor as if they were one. The angry, frustrated tears welling up in my eyes threatened to spill. Why me? Why does it have to be me? Why can't it be someone else? Anyone else? I didn't look up when they burst in the room. I knew they were looking at me. I knew they wanted an explanation, but the only one I had was that the necklace made a mistake. I am not the Disholy one. I am just your average girl.

A single rouge tear escaped. I felt a hand wipe it away. Then I was pulled into a hug. I started sobbing. Wave after wave of sobs. I didn't want to be the Witchblade Wielder. I didn't want my heart to turn black. I didn't want to be just another victim of the Dark Prophecy. I just want to be normal. There is only one way out of this... Death.

I don't remember passing out but I don't remember anything else happening. All I know now is I'm sitting in a dark room, at least I think it's a room, and I'm alone, again... to my knowledge.

Standing up was one of the hardest tasks I've ever accomplished. I felt so heavy, and so strained. My body did not want to respond, at all. Once I was up walking was a piece of cake. I seemed to be mindlessly wondering in no particular direction to get to no particular destination when I stumbled upon a mirror. I was scared to look and see what I looked like. I was scared to see what this... situation... made me become. Then I realized that a step wouldn't hurt me. One step closer wasn't going to kill me. I hope. but then again with the way life is going I wouldn't be surprised.

I took a deep breath and took that step. I looked deep into the reflection. My breath caught in my throat. I-I don't believe it. My once tan skin is now like porcelain. Flawless, pale, yet full of life. My hair was now black as a raven's wing. But it was my eyes that caught my attention. The bright blue was concentrated to a thick ring around my black pupil. On the edge of the blue was a black ring to make it look like my eyes were brimming with darkness.

I looked like a dark goddess. It made me hate myself even more. It's just one more reminder that I'm just another piece in an evil prophecy. A single tear escaped my eye.

I walked around the mirror to the back and saw an ebony wooden box with ancient text scrawled along the edges. I remember learning this in school. It was the ancient text of the Brotherhood. This particular enscription was the legend of Sone.

It was said that long ago there was a Disholy Wielder who became obsessed over the search for the immortal stone. Some say he died on his search, others say he drove himself mad and is wandering the world aimlessly. I personally believe that he returned to the bars. Returned to his renowned drinking problem.

Breaking my trance with the box I started looking for a key of some kind. I leaned toward the box, then my necklace began to glow. As I got closer to a star engraving on the box the more of a magnetic quality it had with my necklace. I took my necklace off and and pressed it to the box. The box creaked open eerily. What was inside had me stunned. I backed away in horror. My breathing became shallow. My heart was like a million thundering horses. My vision started to tunnel as I felt a strong, secure pull pulling me out of the dream.

I woke up in a cold sweat, and a jolt. As a sat upright I had ripped myself out of someone's arms. I looked down to see Emrik trying to find my missing body. He pulled me back down and pressed me into his chest. A blanket of security overcame me, and lulled me back to sleep. My last thought before my eyes fluttered close was, What the hell did I just witness?

______________________________________________________

Sorry it took so damn long for me to upload. I hope you like this. It was really stop and go for awhile. I'd write like two words one day then a sentence the next. Hehehe.

Vote, Comment & Follow please!

-Izzy