Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Elena's POV

"Yeah yeah." I said answering his question

He got up from his knee and sat back in the chair he was in.

"Okay... Uh.... Well do I need to hire someone to pack for you?"

"Mr. Matthews, I am not like you. I can pack just fine on my own."

"Uh... Well I guess I will just go. Be ready to move in on Tuesday." He said as he walked out my door.

Tuesday?! It's only Sunday. Oh great.

I went into my bedroom and decided to start with my clothes. My clothes aren't the best in the world but they are a part of me in a way. When you don't have money to spoil yourself you do what you have to do. The extra money we have goes into a fund which pays for food, Kade's clothes, or toys for Kade. Kade isn't like most kids his age. He, somehow, understands we can't always afford his wants. I can't believe I let things get the way they are.

..........

Kade woke up about two hours ago and went to Mrs. Smith's apartment. She said she would continue to be his babysitter no matter where he was.

I just finished packing my clothes and it was 3 in the afternoon. I walked into Kade's room and began packing his clothes.

After about 30 minutes I found something shiny in the corner of his closet. It was covered in a thin layer of dust. I wiped the dust off and seen a picture of my parents holding Kade and me smiling down at him.

They would be so proud of him. Why did my mom have to drink herself to death? Why did she leave me here all alone? My father was the next owner of his fathers company when he was younger. He met my mother and they fell in love. My father's father then disowned him because he didn't agree with the marriage. I never met him. My mother's parents were killed in a car accident before I was born. Both of my parents were only children. I am the only one left to look after my brother.

I wiped the tears that were rolling down my cheeks. I have to be strong and do everything to help Kade. He needs me to be strong.

I sat the picture on the top of the pile I already packed. I walked into my room and decided to take a nap.

.........

I woke up to knocking on my door. I jumped out of my bed and ran to the door. Brian was there with Kade in his arms. I quickly opened the door and rubbed my eyes.

"What happened to your hair?"

I let them in, shrugged, and walked to a mirror. My brown hair was shooting around all over my head. I threw it up into a bun and walked to where Kade and Brian were.

"How was it at Mrs. Smith's, Kade?" I asked him to break the awkward silence as I sat down.

"Sissy, why are there boxes everywhere?" Kade asked looking around.

"We are moving, Buddy."

Kade's eyes filled with tears,"are you sending me away?"

I jumped up from my seat and took him into my arms, "I will never let anyone take you away from me."

I wiped the tears off his cheeks and said, "we are going to move in with Brian. Doesn't that sound exciting?"

His face quickly changed from heartbroken to overjoyed, "are we really!?"

He jumped down from my lap and into Brian's.

"I'm so excited Brian!," Kade said looking at Brian.

"Me too," Brian said with the first genuine smile I have ever seen from him.

"Kade, are you ready for bed?" I asked and Kade ran over to me.

I picked him up and tucked him into bed.

I walked into the living room with Brian.

"I came to help you pack. You are moving in tomorrow"

"What do you mean tomorrow? You said Tuesday!" I said trying to keep my voice down for Kade.

"Well I changed my mind"

He started putting things into a box while I went to the closet in the hallway. This is where I kept my parents belongings. I opened the door and picked up the first thing I seen. It was an old baseball cap. I never seen my dad without it. I clutched it to my chest and let the tears fall. It feels like yesterday he was taken from me.

I sat in the floor for I don't know how long then I felt a hand rub my back. I looked up with my tear stained eyes and seen Brian looking down at me.

He didn't say anything and he didn't need to. I leaned into his chest and just cried. I had no one. I put up a wall around me since my parents died but a person can only be strong for so long.

His finger lifted my chin to look right at him, "I am going to make everything better. I promise."

As he said those words I just cried more.

-----------

Authors note

Hello readers! I wonder how many people actually read these? I know I don't read them. Anywho, you don't have to read them. Sometimes they may have interesting information or upcoming updates!

Casting
Elena Winters- Anna Kendrick
Brian Matthews- Dave Franco

-J