Chapter 13

Anna Kendrick is perfection. Just saying. Possible new cover above.

-----------------

Chapter 13

Brian quickly moved to my side.

"Sweetie, Kade is fine. He is insisting that I call you and see if he could spend the night."

"Oh. Okay. Yeah, Mrs. Smith. That is fine."

Kade had stayed over at her apartment plenty of times.

"Okay sweetie. See you tomorrow."

I hung up the phone and placed it back in my pocket.

"Is he okay? Where's Kade?" Brian said looking frazzled.

"He's fine. He just wanted to stay the night with Mrs. Smith."

"Thank God. How about we go out tonight? Just you and me. We could see a movie or get some food."

"Brian, you have a huge tv down stairs. Couldn't we just watch a movie there?"

"If that's what you want then yes."

"I think I'm going to go take a nap. I'm warn out from our talk this morning."

Brian told me to go on and take my nap. I'm falling for him. Hard.

--------

"Lena," I hear as I lift my head.

"Brian," I say sleepily, "what time is it?"

"It's 4. I went on got some movies we could watch later. I'm going to start dinner soon."

"Okay. I'm just going to take a shower."

The next little while is boring. After my shower, we ate dinner and began getting ready to watch a movie Brian picked up.

"What did you get?" I asked Brian.

"Uh. The Notebook and Transformers."

"The Notebook? Such a sappy movie."

"Wait. Isn't that movie a woman's best friend?"

"Some. Let's watch it last. I want to watch Transformers!"

I walk over putting the movie in the DVD player. I walk over to the couch and sit by Brian. Halfway through the movie I begin shaking. It is so cold in this house.

"Hey, are you cold?" Brian asks looking at me.

"A little," I say as my teeth chatter.

Brian walk over to another chair and grabs a blanket laying on it.

"Here," he says as he puts the blanket on me. I'm am slightly warmer but I can't stop shaking. I feel an arm wrap around my shoulder. Next thing I know I am pulled into Brian's warm embrace. I lay my head on his chest and cuddle closer to him. (For body heat of course)

Once Transformers is over, I feel a hand playing with my hair.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"I like this. Just you and I cuddled on the couch watching movies. I could get use to this," Brian says smiling down at me. He gently rests his head on my head and I close my eyes.

"Lena?"

"Yes Brian?"

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"You've helped me so much these past few days."

"Thank you."

"What?" Brian says lifting his head up to look at me.

"For teaching me to trust again."

Brian smiles one of the biggest smiles I have ever seen from him. He leans down and presses his lips to my forehead and lingers there just like before.

"Thank you for just being you Lena," Brian whispers. I feel his breath on my forehead and I close my eyes. "Because I think you, Elena Winters, are an amazing individual."

-------

After we finish the last movie I decide to ask the question I've been wondering about for quite some time.

"When do I get to meet your parents?"

"I meant to tell you, Carly wanted me to come visit her next week. My parents will be there and I told them I would be bringing someone very special. I wasn't sure if you wanted Kade to come or if you wanted him to stay with Mrs. Smith."

"Next week? Oh. Kade hates flying. He would have to stay with Mrs. Smith. But what if she can't watch him? It's so soon. What if your parents don't like me? Oh no. What if your sister hates me? I can't do-"

"Calm down. I already spoke with Mrs. Smith. She said she would be more than happy to watch him. Also, my parents and sister will adore you. You have nothing to worry about."

"When are we going to... You know... Get married?" I asked looking at the ring on my finger.

"Oh. Um. Soonish? I was going to let you plan it any way you wanted. Carly is finishing school this month and is coming back here if you would like her help."

"She is going to stay here?"

"Sometimes. She is going to live in our parents house some as well. She will love you."

"I just never had this happen before. I never got the chance to meet a CEO's family."

"Would you like to go on an official business dinner with me on Friday? My company just in countered this huge advance. We made a merger with a company up north. I would love for you to be my date?"

And that my friends is when you discover you cannot say no to Brian Matthews.

"I would love to."

-------

Authors note

Hello readers. I am so excited for you to see what's in store. Will Brian and Elena's deal become something more? Will Carly and her parents like Elena?

Casting
Elena Winters- Anna Kendrick
Brian Matthews- Dave Franco
Carly Matthews- find out soon!

-J