Partnership

After study hall, I went to the library to find an interesting book. It wasn't long before I was distracted."Ruby Rose, please come to my office immediately." Said the headmaster from the speakers. My first day and I'm already in trouble. Did that blue haired kid say something? I think as I head for the office.

I arrive, seeing a gold chair in the middle with Liz and Patty on either side."Ruby, Kid, there's an important task you must complete."

I took a step forward to see Kid sitting in the chair."What might that be, father?" He looks so cute with his serious face-wait. Did he just say father?

"There's a rumor spreading around in New York, a dead witch's soul still lurks about. Since I know for sure Kid is strong and I read Ruby's transcripts, I know you two are right for the job." Said Lord Death.

"But why us specifically? Why send your two best students for such a simple job?"

Awe, he said I'm one of the best."It's not as simple as it sounds. You'll find out once you get there so off you go."

"Bu-"

"Love you, kiddo." He rushed us out and closed the door."Well, that was weird." Said Liz."You'd think he really didn't want us in there." Patty agreed."Well, we have no time to waste. We should get going I suppose." Kid suggested and walked down the hall. I walk beside him and we walk until we exit the building. He holds his hand out in front of him, making a skate board appear.

"You really think you're gonna make it all the way to New York on that thing." I ask."Don't underestimate the power of a reaper."

"I'm not."

"Liar."

I smiled and blushed, looking down at my shoes."I'm more concerned about how you'll be getting there. You have no transportation at all."

"I'm gonna run." I scoff, stretching my muscles."Cute." He said smirking at me. For no real reason, I narrow my eyes to him and flashed a cute wink his way. I see him blush and turn away."You ready?" I ask."Hm, yeah. You better keep up." He said.

"Hey, are you hungry?" I ask."No, why?"

"That's too bad. I was gonna offer a big helping of MY DUST!" I yell and take off at full speed. Kid followed close behind me, obviously not as slowly as I thought."You cheated!"

"No I didn't." I say back. We run for miles and Kid looked exhausted."Awe, is the baby tired?" I ask."Aren't you tired? You've been running for hours."

"I don't think I've ever gotten tired. Once, I ran around the world without taking a breath. Honestly, I wasn't even paying attention." I smirk at him and he looks away again. I blush when he doesn't notice.

Stein's P.O.V

Lord Death and I watched the mirror as Ruby and Kid hide the blush on their cheeks."This is wonderful. They're going to make a wonderful couple. Don't you agree, professor?" He asks."Well, yes, but-"

"I know, I remembered your warning." He cut me off."And you still sent those two out together?!"

"I want what's best for my son, even if it does get dangerous for a while. She's a good child, I know she is and I'm sure they're right for each other."

"Did you forget what else I told you?" I ask. He looks down at the floor."About her soul?" He asks."Yes, I remember." He says."Then, why?" I ask.

"At least it hasn't turned to a Kishin egg!"

"But it could! You know why?"

Ruby's P.O.V

I look to Kid as I run beside him. His hair blows with the wind and he just stands with his hands planted firmly in his pockets. My heart races just looking at him. I can't help but blush.

"Hey, keep it down in there!" Yells a voice inside me. I roll my eyes and sigh.

Ray, shut up! I shout in my head."Who do you think you are, you little bitch?! Stop making so much noise or I'll make your heart explode!"

Why are you so violent?

"Why are you so noisy? And stop watching that boy, he deserves better than you,"

Shut up, Ray.

"You shut up, you little red bastard!"

"Ruby, are you okay?" Kid asks me."Um, yeah why?"

"I dunno," he shrugs."You looked like you were in the middle of a serious conversation with yourself." He answers."Oh, that! It's nothing." I wave my hand around with a nervous smile. He smiles at me and turns ahead. I sigh.

"Too bad for him, he can do so much better with his looks."

Shut up, he likes me and you should accept it!

"Why do you like her, man? She's so-"

Say it, I dare you!!!

"Ugly!!"

WHO ARE YOU CALLING UGLY?! I SEE YOU IN MY NIGHTMARES AND ZOMBIES ARE MORE APPEALING COMPARED TO YOU!!!!

"As big as your ugly head is, that's the best you can come up with? I'm so hurt."

SHUT!! IT!!!

Later

We arrived in New York. The city was huge and bright. Every building was higher than I imagined, every street had someone living on it and around every corner, some guy was getting mugged or a woman's purse was being stolen.

"This city isn't as nice as I thought." Kid stated."It's nice, it's just the people." I add. I can't believe it. Just the two of us!

"Why does it smell so bad?" He asks, holding his nose."Cheap perfume, cheap cologne, too much perfume, people don't shower, there's a number of reasons." I shrug.

"Hey, kid! Who do you think you're talking about?!" Yelled an ugly, angry voice. I turned to see a big guy behind me and other big guys behind him."Not you specifically, just people in general." I answer.

"You know what happens to punks like you in this city?" He asks, grabbing my arm."Can you let go please, I have work to do?" I ask nicely."Hey, boss, she's cute. Can we keep her?"

"I appreciate the compliment." I say, kicking their "boss" in his painful place and flipping him over my back and slamming him down on the concrete."But, I'd rather not."

"Hey, she hurt da boss!" Said another one. They all charge at me and I sigh. One guy tries to swing a hatchet at me but I disappeared, leaving rose petals behind. They all look around for me but I grab Kid's hand and run around the corner.

"That's was pretty cool." He said. I shrug again."I coulda done better but I didn't wanna kill em'." I said sheepishly.

We kinda stood and smiled at each other for a second.

Oh, yeah,

I'm in love
.
.
.
Madly.