Almost There

Kid and I has lost the gang of thugs so we stopped running. He stood with his hands on his knees and caught his breath."So...where do we go?" He breathed."Not a clue. I guess we ask around." I suggest."Are you sure that's a good idea?" He asks, smirking at me."You have a better idea?" I ask.

"If you mean an idea that doesn't involve running from crazy people, than yes, it's so much better." He said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes and laugh at his humorous joke."I'm sticking to my plan." I shrug.

We walk around and find someone who looks like they'd know something. Suddenly, we pass a large hotel and a woman come falling to her knees on the sidewalk."Ma'am, are you okay?!" I ask, rushing to her side."Stay away, demon!" She yells.

"Ma'am we're not demons. We want to help you." Kid said to her. She calms herself down and we help her to her feet. People gather as she looks to the both of us."A soul." She begins.

"There was a soul following me, haunting me in my penthouse. At first I didn't notice, but when things began to go missing, my cat went missing and more and more people began to move out, I realized something was wrong. And then it happened." She said."What happened?" Kid and I ask in unison.

"I had just fallen asleep and I suddenly couldn't breath. I think...the soul was choking me or something. Then I saw my cat. Poor Gengle was hanging from the ceiling. I was living a nightmare!" She said and placed her hand to her forehead all dramatically.

"Ma'am, do you have your key? We would like to check out this soul." I said, holding out my hand. She put her hand in her shirt, fishing around and pulled out her key."Um....thanks?" I take the key with two fingers. Kid and I rush inside, taking the stairs since the elevator was out of order.

"I can't doo the stairs." Kid says, already looking exhausted."Hop on." I bend down, conditioning for him to get on my back."What?!"

"You wanna run up there?" I ask. He blushes madly before climbing on. I use my speed to rush us up the stairs and soon we reach a door that's been broken. I hear Kid yell and fall to the floor when I put him down."What's the matter with you now?" I ask.

"You gave me whiplash, that's what!" He spits back. I helped him up and we looked around. Candles were lit and they glowed purple, the floor had multi color stains and there was broken glass everywhere.

"You'd think she threw a party with an animal." I mumbled."Do you smell that?" Kid questions. I take a good sniff and scowl."Yeah," I answer. He heads to the kitchen and sees a whole meal sitting on the table, fresh and it smells wonderful. At the end of the long table, I see the soul. It's purple with spikes.

"Oh, good. Guests. Please, take a seat."

"Fat chance." I growl."Oh, I just want to show some hospitality." She says.

"We haven't the time for your games, witch. We've come to collect your soul." Kid said. Before he moved, Liz turned back into her human form and stretched with a loud groan."Just use Party fir this one. My back is killing me." She said.

"Lazy.." Kid muttered."Don't worry, sis. Kid and I got this!" Says her sister Patty. I raised an eyebrow at her."Yes, Ruby too." She added. I shrugged and brought out Zwei.

"Children, there's no need to fight. It's never good to fight your fate, when your fate is death." She said. Her ghost, I'm assuming, appeared around her soul, but we could still see it through her. She held out her hands and shot purple fire at us.

We dodged but she had something else coming."Sudden death spell: Poison Thread!"

A very thin, almost invisible thread wrapped around me before I could escape. I fell to the ground and felt it tighten around me. I tried to break free but it only got tighter, especially around my chest. You know what that means.

"Don't bother struggling. The more you move, the tighter I hold you. The tighter I hold you, the more pain you feel. That pain is the wires cutting through your clothes to your very skin, dripping poison into your bloodstream." She explained in a sinister voice.

I tried to stay as still as possible but that was hard when I wanted so badly to help Kid. He dodged all of the witch's attacks but some were either too fast to dodge or too strong to block.

I've broken out of things stronger than this before. It's just a little wire. I've got his.

Hey, Red.

Just ignore it. I think as I try breaking from the wire. Crap! Painful!

Red, I'm talking you you.

*sigh* What is it?

I'll help you out. Take some of my power and you could beat this witch, no problem.

You know I don't trust you.

At least take some so you won't look pathetic in this wire.

........I'll use some for the wire but not for the witch. I can do this myself.

Suuuure. Whatever you say, Red.

I feel my body grow slightly stronger and I feel the wire around me growing weaker. Once I break free, I block Ray out from my mind and charge at the witch with my scythe.

"Ruby, normal attacks won't work." Zwei says as I try slicing through the witch. I smirk as I get an idea."Zwei, fold-up mode."

"Right."

He goes to his sheath mode and rests on my back until I need him again. I put my hands together to channel my soul wavelength and I run forward, my hands glowing both blue and red."S.C: Soul Charge!" I exclaim, putting my foot down but my hands go right through the witch.

Right, ghost lady. I remember. She turns to me with a smirk. Aw nuts...

She uppercuts me and I got flying in slow motion."Ruby!" Kid calls for me, catching me as I hit the floor."There's only one more thing we can try." I say, grunting as I sit up slowly."And if that doesn't work?" He asks."We run." I answer simply.

He nods and motions for Liz to come to his side. She transforms without a word and lands in his hand."Zwei, scythe mode." I breath out. He obeys and transforms into the big shotgun scythe he was born to be.

"Let's go, Soul Resonance!" Kid, Liz and Party yell first. The pistols in his hands transform into cannons and he bends down.

"Death Cannon." Kid says."Firing in three...two...one..." Party says before two huge waves are fired at the witch. They hit her and they seem to not be going through her. No way...

Kid finishes and collapses on the floor on his butt. Cute little butt! Wait, stop that!!

"It seems you have yet to perfect anything you've learned." She says, glowing purple. She...absorbed it?!

"Ruby, I'm too weak to fight. You have to do something." Kid says and coughs. I squeeze Zwei in my hand and close my eyes."Come on, Ruby." He says.

"Fine."

"Let's go, Soul Resonance!" Zwei and I exclaim. Remember uncle Qrow's words. Slow your breathing, get a good look at your target, sense the weak point, and strike.

I place my right foot forward as I spin Zwei around like a baton for some flair."Scythe Night! Blade of Death!"

I charge forward, moving faster than light itself. I slice through the witch and land behind her with a smirk on my lips."Ha! Foolish child! You can never bring down the ghost of the almighty-Ah!" She shrieks.

I look back, seeing her begin to crack and break."What's happening?!" She screams."My power was too much for you to take in. Along with the power you absorbed from Kid, you've taken in way too much that your spirit can't even handle it. Looks like its Time To Say Goodbye."

"No! I'll never be defeated, not even by you!" She exclaimed. Her body began cracking and light coming from the cracks. With one final howl, she disintegrated."Good job, Ruby." Kid breathed out.

I send him a wink and he blushes.

He's so cute...