Two Halves Of One

Death P.O.V

"Well, I call that mission a success!" I cheer, watching as Ruby helps my son out of the building."Lord Death, I feel you've been ignoring me this whole time." Stein says.

"I haven't been ignoring you. You've just been paranoid this whole time." I reply, looking away from my mirror and at him."Paranoid? The girl, you haven't been paying much attention to her soul. I, however, have seen it with my own eyes multiple times. It's not a human soul."

"It's not a Kishin egg either."

"Half of it is. When she was here, I sensed another being in the room. But that being seemed to be inside of Ruby." He explains, pushing up his glasses with one finger."Like Ragnorok inside Crona?"

"Sort of. But this being wasn't a weapon. It wasn't human. But it also wasn't a Kishin. So it's hard to understand."

We both sat in deep thought, trying to figure out what it could be. How is this possible?

Ruby P.O.V

As I helped Kid out of the building, I felt something strange. Like I used more power in my attack than usual.

"It seems you've absorbed so much power that your spirit can even handle it. Looks like its time to say goodbye." I said with a smirk as she cracked and shattered with one final scream.

That's never happened before. Sure, she was a ghost but that still shouldn't have happened. I've had people try to absorb my attacks before and never have they shattered like that.

Nice work, kid. You don't disappoint.

It was you, wasn't it? You helped, even after I said I didn't need you to.

What are you, my mom?! I can do whatever I want.

Please, stay out of my life. I don't need you.

Oh really?

Yes, really.

Don't come crying to me when you're on the verge of death.

Trust me, I'd rather die.

Then I blocked him again. It was the darkness of his power that caused it. Whatever, at least the worst is behind us.

"Thanks for the meal, by the way." Zwei said, smiling at me."No problem." I say.

"Ruby," I hear Kid's tired voice next to me. I look to him and his cheeks are flushed red. His golden eyes stared right into my silver eyes and I blushed too. This time, I think I kinda wanted him to see it.

"You were great...I-I've never seen..such power." He said, wincing from the pain of his wounds."Thanks. But you weren't too bad yourself. I think I'm kinda jealous you're a Reaper." I admit with a giggle.

"Don't be. You've got great power of your own." He smiled. We both stood staring and smiling at each other before we found ourselves leaning closer. He closed his eyes so I closed mine.

Kid

I pressed my lips to Ruby's and they felt cold and hard. Almost like her face was glass."Kid, what are you doing?" I heard my father's voice. I opened my eyes to see his mirror in my face and I scream.