On The 11th Day of Christmas

On the eleventh day of Christmas, it was alright to hope.

Christmas party and Christmas cheers. What a wonderful time of the year, and yet, I'm stuck here with a beer in my hand as I listened to a man who I know is only trying to talk me up into having sex with him.

Nothing like a good shag during the festive season... not.

"Have I mentioned you look great in that dress?" the man said.

"Three times and counting," I replied, giving him the side eye.

Alright, I've had enough of this.

Pushing myself off of the wall, I started to walk away without even a hint of goodbye to him. Honestly, this is so annoying.

I paused in my steps when I saw Luke come in with none other than his little girlfriend, Rose Brooks. If you don't know her then I can safely say you've been living under a rock because he's one of the biggest stars in this generation. How could I compete for Luke's affections when I'm up against her?

You see, this is the golden-haired girl that have her face plastered on billboards. This is the blue-eyed starlet that could be seen on the movie screen. She could have anyone, why can't she give me Luke?

They quickly gathered everyone's attention, causing the lot to rush over to greet them. Rose meekly hid behind Luke, causing my anger to spike. She's not as perfect as everyone thinks, under that layer makeup is surely an ugly face.

But though I hate to admit, even the light freckles decorating her nose and cheeks still made her look incredibly charming.

If he sees me here spending Christmas all alone, this would certainly make me look like a complete fool. He rejected me without a second thought and although he shot me an apologetic look, it still didn't take away the fact that I lost. Pretty sure he wouldn't even notice me now though, he'll be too busy sharing those disgusting looks with his girlfriend.

Somebody who was zooming to get a better look of the celebrity accidentally bumped into my shoulder, causing the cup in my hand to slightly shake which allowed an amount of my beer to splash out and spill on my shoes. Perhaps I was just in a moody disposition because this small incident made me explode, "What where you're going, will you?!"

He froze and slowly turned to me, rubbing the back of his head while shooting me an remorseful glance, "Sorry."

Rolling my eyes, I placed down the cup on one of the free surface and walked away with a huff. I planned to retreat to the backyard to clear my head, but before I could reach the damn opened glass door, an arm looped against mine and pulled me away, "Hannah, it's been so long."

I blinked at the person who pulled me away and my eyes widened when I recognized that it was one of the girls I knew in school who transferred a few months ago due to her father's job, "What are you doing here?"

"I came back for the holidays," she grinned, practically dragging me with her, "So where's this handsome boyfriend of yours?"

"What?" I questioned, dumbfounded by her words.

"You know, that guy you've been bragging to me," she reminded, "Unless, he dumped you or worse, you never had a boyfriend in the first place."

The smirk she was showing was making me fume. Whenever we would have a conversation, she would always steer it to a direction where she could openly gush about her love and this irritated the earth out of me. So to retort, I started telling her about Luke because I thought that the two of us really had a chance, but that was before he told it to me straight that he was already in a relationship.