The betrayal

perci's p.o.v

  I didn't want to be here. At camp half-blood, that is. That place is full of people I couldn't trust. Full of backstabbers. Full of liers. Trust me, you can take my word for it. Why?

Because just like you, I loved them. Thought of them as family. Cared for them. Never doubted them.

Until I was betrayed.

I used to freely turn my back to them, feeling safe enough to leave it unprotected.

I'd never realized I'd need to be covered at all times. Never realized that the backstabbing wasn't exactly the kind I was expecting.

I used to trust them

Until they spread lies about me

I used to rely on them

Till they broke my trust

***************Flashback**************

"Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!" It was a scream. A child's. One not much older than I, at least it sounded like that. I ran toward where I heard the scream and when I arrived I saw a boy with long blond hair and dark grey eyes being chased by a hellhound.

     His eyes were wide with panic. I ran over there pulling out riptide and slicing through the hellhound, watching it turn into the powdery dust.     
      He turned to me in anger and told me he was able to handle the 'measly mutt'. Looking at him in disbelief, I didn't realize him pulling a dagger out from his pocket, before he threw it at me. My reflexes kicked in and I blocked the blade with the hilt of my sword before pushing with slight force and pushing the dagger back. It narrowly missed his torso before clattering on the ground.

  Chiron showed up and asked us what happened. Before I could answer the boy said said that he was being chased by a demonic looking animal and that I had saved him. Looking at him in surprise at telling the truth, I was about to speak up, but he continued. "After the animal had been killed, she pointed the sword at me and had this crazed look in her eyes. I was scared so I threw the dagger at her, but because of her skill she threw it back and almost killed me. I'm lucky I have amazing reflexes!"

I could tell some campers believed him. After returning from Tartarus, some younger campers swore up and down that I was some kind of monster.

  When he was done with his 'big' story, an owl appeared on his head. All the campers, excluding me, bowed to him. As I was standing there awkwardly, a camper raised his head and shouted at me to bow to the kid as an apology.

I walked away.

*******time skip 3 months************

        David, the camper who I had tried to 'kill', at least, according to his story, was now friends with everyone at this camp. He was friends with my friends. Who, soon were just his friends, or might as well be considering every time I tried to talk to them they ignored me.

      Slowly, no one talked to me. It honestly reminded me of the first time I was claimed as the daughter of Poseidon. I was fine with it, however. If they wanted to ignore me, look down on me, etc.. it didn't matter. I wouldn't want to be friends with fakes anyway.

     As I sat on the sand I talked to the fish. I was lucky the gods saw everything. Of course they couldn't interfere, but it wouldn't matter if they did.

It would be like if a parent told a disobedient child that they couldn't have a cookie. It wouldn't have matter what the parent said. If the kid wants the cookie they're going to take it.

   If the gods told the campers to stop messing with me, it wouldn't do anything but draw more attention to me.

   Anyway, as I was talking to the fish I heard someone come up to me.

"Hey slut."

Slut? I'm a slut? I looked down at what I was wearing. 

It was a plain 'Camp-Half Blood shirt and jean shorts. This is slutty? Really? Wow, Okay. I turned around.

Oh. It was Drew. That explains it. If anyone but herself and a select few of her sisters show skin, they're automatically considered sluts. But, oh lord what was SHE wearing? I thought she was a daughter of Aphrodite? You know, the goddess of beauty?

She was wearing an actual lace bra, heels, and a see through pencil skirt that had an underwear cutout. See what I mean. Everyone but her. 

"What do you want drew? I'm kinda busy here."

"Busy doing what? Talking to fish? Come on slut, that's a new low. Even for you. And your like, below dirt."

All of a sudden, Gramdolan the II became very upset and spat water at her face. I might of forgot to mention but, Gramdolan the II does not like being called a fish. He likes being called a magical finned creature that can fly through a watery sky. He's weird. Don't mind him.

"UUH! SLUT! You better watch your back, you little hoe." And with that she walked away.

Oh well. With that I went back to listening about Gramdolan the II's awesome fight against the great Bull shark (I had no heart to tell him it was actually a cat fish).

-----------------------------------
Word count: 911
Updated: 1.19.18

Ahhh I decided to remake this story. Hope you like it. Comment and vote! Peace my little roses 💜