•D.O•

You watched him and observed. His usual emotionless facial expression was something even you still couldn't get used to.

D.O was leaned back beside you, his phone with headphones on. Every morning usually, this was what you woke up to. It was sweet in a way, he never left your side till you woke up.

But it saddened you a bit, since it was Christmas. Did he not prepare anything special for you this morning?

He's here isn't he? I can't ask for much, that'll be selfish for me...

He noticed your gaze and looked down to give his heart shaped smile.

"Merry Christmas!"

There was a hint of playfulness which made you giggle and greet him back.

"Yeah, Merry Christmas Kyunggie~"

"Let's go to the pet store later?"

His offer made your eyes widen, trying hard not to burst out and embarrass yourself with excitement.

"Are you serious?!"

Smiling, he nodded, happy to see your reaction.

Hmm... Never mind then!

"What are you waiting for then?! Let's go!"

Jumping out of bed, you headed to the shower, changing into some warm clothing, then patiently waited by the door like a dog waiting for its owner.

D.O looked you with his wide eyes.
(O_O)

"*cough* uhh, how'd you do that?"

Looking around cluelessly, you thought hard about what he meant.

"Do what?"

Gesturing with his hand, he motioned to you, still in shock.

"It-it's just that... You got ready so quickly, I almost thought you teleported."

It was amusing for him because you don't usually get ready that fast, while he was just about to change into his outing clothes.

"Well... I got excited... Is that a bad thing?"

Now you felt a little desperate, but he quickly shook his head in laughter.

"No, no, it's cute. Just give me a couple more minute ok?"

"Ne."

You were a little fidgety while waiting, taping your foot repeatedly against the tiled floor, thumbs twirling around each other. Continuously, you looked at the clock watching how the one hand ticked and ticked and ticked and-

"_____ yah!"

D.O didn't necessarily yell, he just raised his voice a bit, but it still startled you. A little flustered, you smiled sheepishly at him.

"Sorry..."

"No it's ok, ready to go?"

He asked to make sure that you were settled before driving to the pet store.

Both of you agreed to get a dog for Christmas, it was considered a gift for each other, deciding on splitting the price. Thinking that it would be nice to have some company whenever D.O was gone, and to add a new member to the family too.

Wanting to sprint inside the store, you sped walked inside instead, D.O trailed behind, watching his happy girlfriend with a grin.

"Kyungsoo!!! Look at the puppies!!!"