Chapter Eighteen

In the sky (On a pegasus, luckily), Percy's POV

The ride there was mostly peaceful, until almost the very end. I suddenly felt a whoosh of air near me, and looked over to see Amelia using the winds to fly by.

"What are you doing?!" I yelled over the wind. She looked over, and looked a bit surprised.

"What are you doing? I thought you were visiting your dad?" She asked.

"Now I'm going to visit my mom. Now answer my question, what are you doing?" I asked. She flew over to me and set herself on top of the pegasus, Porkpie.

"Visiting some people." She told me simply. I frowned.

"Who do you have to visit?" I asked. She bit her lip, apparently thinking about how to say this.

"Well, as you know, my dad is Chaos." She stated cautiously. I nodded. "And I am technically counted as a demigod." I nodded, and it suddenly clicked.

"You're visiting your mother, aren't you?" I asked. She nodded.

"Right on." She told me with a smile. There was something hidden in it, though, which I couldn't quite figure out.

"You want me to drop you off wherever she lives at?" I asked her. She nodded, which I barely noticed, and told me that she would point it out once we got close.

We went on for a while, until I started to worry that my apartment would be before her's. Right as I was about to tell her that she would have to take Porkpie to wherever her house was, she pointed out where she needed to land. Which was on the same roof my apartment was in.

"Well that's interesting." I muttered, but of course she heard.

"What is?" Amelia asked.

"Well, that also happens to be my apartment building." I told her. She frowned, trying to think of why this coincidence happened.

We landed on the roof, Porkpie agreeing that he would stay there for a half-hour before leaving, before walking down the stairs to the top floor to get to the elevator. Amelia simply followed.

"What floor do you have?" I asked, about to punch in my floor number. Surprising, she tried to punch the same number right as I punched it in.

"I get to punch the number!" She told me angrily. I frowned at her, confused.

"We tried to punch the same number, and you're frustrated because you didn't get to punch the number?" I asked her.

"Of course! I want to punch the number!" She yelled at me. I chuckled.

"Fine, you can later." I told her "But have you always been on that floor?" I asked her.

"Well duhhh." She told me, dragging it out "What do you think, that I moved all the time?"

"It's just surprising that we have always been on the same floor, yet we didn't even know it." I told her. Realization struck her, and she shrugged.

"Yeah, I guess you're right." She told me right as the door opened "Well, see ya." She headed down one of the hallways, which surprisingly was the same direction I was headed.

"This is getting weirder and weirder." I muttered.

We went the same ways until she stopped, one apartment down from mine.

"That's odd." I noted "So we're apparently neighbors."

"Really?" She asked.

"Yeah, my apartment is right down there." I told her, pointing down towards my room. She frowned.

"And you've always lived there?" She asked. I nodded.

"Well duhhh." I replied, using the same tone she had earlier on. She had a confused look on her face, as if she was thinking, before knocking on the door. I went ahead and left her to go and see my mom.

Taking a deep breath, I knocked on the door, looking down as I heard footsteps.

"Hello?" I heard my mother say as she opened the door, before gasping as I looked up and smiled at her.

"Hey mom." I told her with a smile.