Chapter Twenty

Chaos cabin, Percy's POV, about two days later

I relaxed on the couch, waiting for Amelia to arrive. Just a few minutes ago she had sent me a message saying that she might have found a way to defeat Perfection. I had quickly excused myself from sword practice and made my way to the Chaos cabin, which was empty since everyone was practicing somewhere.

It suddenly sounded as if someone had fell down, and I looked up to see Amelia regaining her balance after teleporting, holding a large, dusty book. The look on her face told me it wasn't good news.

"I found a way to defeat him, if worse comes to worst." She began slowly. I wasn't buying it though.

"What's the problem?" I asked her in a monotone voice. She sighed, putting the huge book down on the table in front of me and opening it up, flipping through the pages. I almost made out letters as I leaned, but it was in Ancient Greek and it wouldn't let my eyes fix quick enough. It was obviously really old.

"It's a story about how Perfection was originally defeated." She told me, stopping at a page that was full of writing. She continued before my dyslexia figured it out.

"The twins, Perfection and Chaos, had an ongoing argument. Perfection wanted everything to be perfect, even started taking over the minds of creatures to make it so. Chaos, on the other hand, wanted everything to be wild. Out of order. Imperfect. This created a gap in the twin siblings that lasted centuries. It finally ended when they both focused on Earth, the family's favorite planet." She took a breath, looking as if she was remembering it, before continuing. At this point, I had given up trying to listen and decipher, instead just listening.

"There was a young boy on Earth that had found this spell, one that would capture or, for the lesser beings, kill any evil. This was all at the cost of the life or lives of the caster. In an effort to stop the two, he used the spell on his own, despite the fact that it works best with at least two, preferably three people. It captured Perfection and disintegrated all creatures nearby, but he was no where in sight." Her face suddenly turned sad "Chaos had been fond of the boy, and because of his sacrifice he tried his best to let there be a proper balance in the universe."

"So I'm guessing that the spell that he used is in there?" I asked.

"Well... yes and no." She told me. I frowned "It has the first two lines, but when you use it the lines fill themselves in in your mind, and supposedly everyone else's minds that are helping you." Amelia answered. I nodded.

"So we need to learn the lines, and if we can't find any other way to defeat Perfection, then we use them?" I asked for clarification. She nodded.

"It's supposed to work best with three people, but the boy had been by himself, so we should be fine. We probably should look and see though if there is anyone else that should be included." Amelia told me. I nodded.

"So, learn lines and continue practice and research." I concluded with a smile. She nodded, mimicking my smile, before getting up, closing the book and teleporting herself and the book to Chaos's world to continue research. I stretched before getting up and heading back to the sword practice ring, getting a few questions that I replied to with a "Can't I do something without everyone asking?" reply.

----------

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

Yep so I'm going to attempt to finishing uploading this story now. I hope everyone enjoys :) :) :)