Chapter Twenty-Five

CHB, Percy's POV

"Get your weapons, armour, everything! Throw everything we've got at them!" I yelled in my commander voice "Storm Legion battle mode!" I added, tapping my armour-bracelets together and seeing the rest of the Chaos Army doing the same. I glanced over towards the arena and noticed Annabeth's eyes widen before dashing to her cabin, rather than to the armoury to get armour.

Weird... I thought to myself, but gave no time to give it a second thought before going back to commanding the army. They formed about two long lines, the archers climbing onto some of the buildings and cabins and the medics resorting to the Big Cabin, preparing for the mass injuries that were likely to come. Amelia and Luke joined by my side, and the cabin leaders lined up right behind us. On a last minute thought I turned to one of the leaders - Jason I think - who nodded and dashed off to the Big House. I turned back to the army that was lining up ahead of us, the scene vaguely reminding me of the battle scene during The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe in the Narnia series.

Monsters of all types were lined up in disjointed lines, holding different types of weapons depending on the monster. There were a few occasional traitor demigods, none of which I recognized except for one that was sneaking away from the fight.

"Is that Eric...?" I heard a few whispers behind me. I nodded, pulling out my two swords, Riptide and Kýma, and holding them in a ready position.

In front of me, the monsters parted as Perfection walked up to the front of the army, surveying the trained demigods in front of him. I heard behind me the front lines getting their shields out and making a wall with them, one of the tactics we had practiced in training. Good.

"You know, you could just back down now, save a lot of lives and such." I called out to Perfection.

"You see the issue with that is that you demigods are sure to betray me. That doesn't sound very perfect now does it?" He called back.

"Nothing is perfect, you should know that by now." I called back. Apparently that hit a nerve, because he glared at me before raising his hand.

I heard the jittery crowd behind me, readying themselves for the fight, and all of a sudden there was a moment of silence. The calm before the storm. I closed my eyes, preparing myself.

Right as I opened my eyes again I saw Perfection point ahead, and the silence was broken by the war screams of the tons of monsters.

The battle had begun.

...

An hour. A straight hour of fighting. People were tiring on our side, I could see that. We were already losing fighters also, I had even seen some close friends of mine - Piper, Clarisse - had gotten badly injured and had been sent to the Big House.

As for me, at the moment I was making my way to Amelia. Both of us were most likely the best fighters out here, and it showed in the dust that was around us.

I spun around, slicing off an empousai's head and stabbing one of the cyclops's before reaching Amelia.

"We're going to need to end this, and end this soon." I told her, us going back-to-back as we usually have done over the years of fighting.

"Well where the Hades is Owl Head then?" She asked, smirking as she stabbed a hellhound and kicked it away as it turned into dust. I was about to reply when I heard a voice to the side.

"Well nice to know that I'm Owl Head to you then Space Girl." Annabeth came out of the crowd of monsters, using her drakon bone dagger to kill the monsters in the way. We changed our position so that we were in a triangle, backs to each other.

"So are we going to need to do what we were talking about?" I asked.

"The demigods may be trained but do you really think they can survive this brute of an attack?" Amelia responded.

"Good point." I stabbed another monster in front of me before looking around. Not to far away there was almost a random spot where no one was fighting. Perfect.

"Follow me." I told the two girls before slicing at the nearest few monsters and heading to the empty area. They both copied, all of us killing monsters as we went to the place.

Suddenly the crowd cleared as we stood in the single place where there was no fighting at all. We nodded to each other before standing in a circle, making it complete by holding hands.

"Everyone ready?" I asked. They all nodded and we prepared for something that, for all we knew, could be the end of our lives. But it was a risk we were willing to take.

We looked at each other and nodded once more before starting what we recited in sync.

"With evil comes good

but this evil has no good"

This was all that had been put down in the book, but as the book had said, the words suddenly started coming to us.

"End of the line, this has gone too far

This day of fighting, this time of war

Friends of time,

We're seeing them die"

By this point in the song, a figure of a young boy, who almost looked like an illusion, was starting to appear in front of us, chanting the poem with us, and we all continued together.

"Friends of new

They're becoming few

So we join hands

To sing a song

To end this evil

Before it must prolong

To Void we go

To chose our fates

As we let those of our friends

Go on without change"

The boy seemed to see us and wave at us before there was a flash of light as everything went dark.