Perplexity

Tori: (wipes off cookie crumbs from dress and mouth) Since we already did the skit and everything in the last chapter, we won't have to do a disclaimer or the usual skit. Oh, and please reread the second and third chapter since I updated it so you won't get confused of this chapter. So please, enjoy the story! Nya!(≧∇≦)

---------------------------------------------

---Sebastian's POV---

Perplexity, enmity, and compunction churned inside of me all because of her. She seems vaguely familiar but, I cannot put my finger on it. I placed a single red rose into the sea of white roses, the red flower standing bravely above the rest with its seductive petals. The sound of creaking snapped my attention towards the door. Alice stood there, her mouth agape but it turned into a look of bitter disgust as she slammed the door close.

I sighed. It has been already three weeks and she still gives me harsh glares. My brow furrowed. Yes, I was harsh, but I thought she was a clumsy human. Yes, I knew that kissing her was wrong, but it was the heat of the moment. Besides-. My brow creased even further. Mating season has started, but why did it effect me now and not many years ago?

My face turned into a scowl. Why should I even care! My eyes glared at the vibrant red rose. Images of her started filling my head.

Some were containing her but some were of the unknown memory that I craved to remember. In utter annoyance, I viciously grabbed the rose and vigorously threw it through the window. I composed myself before walking out the door. I will remember what memory was and how it was associated with Alice. I froze as flashbacks of three weeks ago filled my head. But I will find out in a different approach.

With a goal set in mind, I marched out of the library.

-----Alice's POV----

Dust tickled my nose as I cleaned off the thin, gray layer that coated the bookshelves. I sneezed, gray particles floated at the sudden force of air. How could the bookshelves be so dusty this fast? I thought I cleaned them a couple of hours ago.

"ALLLIIIICCCCCCEEEEE!"

My head turned towards the high pitched scream. Mey-rin ran through the doors, a look of worry implanted on her face. My blank expression quickly turned into one of concern.

"What's the matter?"

Words jumbled as they started pouring through her mouth.

"Whoa! Hold it!" I ordered. "Now, what is it?"

Mey-rin took a deep breath, "The manor is being attacked but our bullets aren't fast enough to reach the enemy yes it won't. Can you fight?"

I sighed and nodded a yes towards her. She nodded in response and ran out of the room. Once I was certain that she was gone, I held out hand to feel a leather substance in my palm. I jumped through the second story window and landed with ease. I summoned a small bag and strapped it to my thigh.

"Alice! Are all right?"

The blond gardener appeared at my side, holding a bundle of tree trunks. Wow he was strong. Remind me to never get on his bad side.

I glanced over to the boy, "I'm fine, where are the intruders?"

He pointed towards the garden, "They're right over there. Will you be alright by yourself?"

His mouth was ajar as he eyed my katana.

"Where did you get that?!" He asked bewildered.

"No time for questions, I will be fine, and please close your mouth before you catch a fly!" His mouth snapped shut at my statement.