Part 28--Friends--

DEDICATED TO: @IM-AWKWARD0891  You are such an amazing fan to have and your comments are so hilarious, they make my day :) Also, thank you for pointing out my mistakes ;) Trust me, I appreciate it :) 

Brian closed his light eyes and leaned his head against his couch. "Okay Brian, Breathe." He said to himself. He opened his eyes and looked at me again. "So before I have a diva moment, let me just get this straight." I sipped my coffee and nodded at him to proceed. This had been one entertaining interaction. 

"You. You, Miss Gemma Reynolds helped the bad boy. His gang figured you knew something about him and came after you too. You took off work to hide out with your senseless father and step mother and with your step-brothers who are very sweet you said? Right, then you got caught again, someone got shot! Your step-brothers have been taking care of you since, and you fell in love with Wyatt along the way?" Brian ended his spiel with a serious but shocked expression.

I pressed my lips into a thin line to keep from laughing. "Um, yes. That pretty much sums up the last two months." 

Brian's eyes widened and he tried to maintain his chill...It didn't work. "Oh...well that's pleasant. Just one question? ARE YOU OKAY, MY BABY? OH MY GOD!"

My eyes widened in shock and amusement and I burst out laughing. "Brian, you don't need to worry about me. I'm fine." 

Brian's surprised eyes softened and he came to sit beside me on the couch. "Aww, honey." He sighed, placing a hand on my thigh. "Is your back okay now? You said you got stabbed with glass?" 

I smiled gratefully. "Yes, it is." 

"And your health? You been eating good?" Brian asked, seriously. I smiled even brighter at his concern and nodded. He was a sweetheart. "How about your heart? How's that doing?" 

My grateful smile turned into a sad smile. "Its surviving, I guess." 

Brian sighed and wrapped his arms around my shoulders. "I'm glad. You're a tough one." 

I rested my head against Brian's and thought about Wyatt. I didn't know what he thought about everything I had said, or how he was doing right now or if he even loved me back, which was probably the last of his concerns but I was still wondering. "How have you been?" I asked Brian, quietly. 

"Oh, ya know. Same old, same old." He waved off. "That's not my concern right now. You are." 

"You're the best." I sighed, happily. 

"That's what best friends are for." He kissed my forehead and pulled away. "I'm going to set dinner. Come help me, Gem?" 

I smiled and stood up, "Sure." Brian was truly amazing and I loved him because even though my life wasn't the simplest and had many complications, he always made me feel happy. 

"So..." Brian said when I stepped into his spacious kitchen.

I looked over to him and raised my eyebrows. "So..." 

"Now what?" He asked, shrugging his shoulder slightly. 

"I wish I knew." I sighed and leaned against the counter. Brian started working on dinner and I watched him intently. 

"Take it easy for a few days, okay? You still have a week of vacation left from work and Ill handle it." Brian smiled. 

I smiled back sadly. "No, its okay. The quicker I get back to work, the quicker I'll forget about everything. As long as I keep myself busy." 

Brian bit his lip. "Yah, I guess so. Only if you feel ready to come back though, no one's rushing you." 

I swallowed the lump in my throat and nodded. No one was rushing me but myself, I didn't want to let whatever had happened engulf me and I knew it was better to forget...Even though I didn't want to and I knew I wouldn't be able to.