Part 34--Something Unexpected--

(A/N: AHHHHHH YAAAY!!! The banner is finally up. Alright, another chapter just for you. Enjoy :) WARNING;UNEDITED) 

"Repeat that one more time." I spoke cautiously. It had been two days since Grayson made me the promise of helping me locate Wyatt and I currently sat on my hospital bed, completely discharged, trying to take in what Grayson had just told me. 

Grayson sighed and ran a hand through his dark locks. "Gem, if I repeat that one more time, you'll cut someone. I can tell you're mad." 

"Mad? Oh no....I'm not mad....I'M FURIOUS! England? This man is going to ENGLAND?" I spoke, my tone rising with every word. 

Jake chuckled beside Grayson and he gave him a death glare. "First of all, England is my guess because his sister and mom are there. He didn't say exactly where he was going, but he said he was quote on quote 'leaving the country' that could mean anything and honestly Gem? he just wants it all to end." 

"And I don't? He should know better than to leave, without an explanation, without seeing me...I just....." I trailed off. I was tired, exhausted of doing this. He couldn't run away like this, I wouldn't let him. I had put too much into this, whatever it was. 

"Can we stop the bickering, please? Before Wyatt goes bye bye to England? Come on people. Airport. Now!" Jake clapped his hands in a motherly way and stomped towards the door with a grin. Grayson and I stared at him in awe. Jake was...right. Grayson and I looked at each other and nodded with grins on our faces. 

"Let's go." Grayson grabbed by hand and cautiously pulled me out of my room and out of the hospital. Brian had already packed my belongings and taken them to his place, thank god for Brian. 

Grayson slipped in the driver's seat, I in the passenger's seat and Jake in the back. "Let's go, let's go, Gray!" Jake clapped his hands again. 

Grayson looked at him again with a death glare. "I got it." 

The next 45 minutes were spent in anxiety and in traffic. The airport wasn't that far, but it was quite a ride, especially when something like this was on the line. We were almost to the airport when I caught my reflection in the side view mirror. My brownish blonde hair hung over my shoulder in waves, my eyes were bright but lifeless and my black v-neck gave me a simple look. I still had scars on my back from the mirror injury, my a bandage was wrapped around my head like a head band, to stop any bleeding that might be occurring and under my black v-neck was a bandage covering the front and back of my shoulder because of the bullet wound. 

I had been through a lot in the past few months, and all for what? Adventure? Change? Wyatt? I knew that it wasn't for Wyatt. I loved him and all but I hadn't initially loved him, so why did I help him? I knew the answer, deep down, but it hurt. I did it because I needed some change in my life. I didn't want to think about my mother, the fact that I didn't have a proper family or that my dad was somewhere happy with his new family. But being with Wyatt made me realize that I do have a proper family, they may not be as functional as others, but they love me. Being with Wyatt made me realize that I was more than just Gemma the nurse. I was funny, I was a risk taker, I was loyal and I was helpful. 

Yes being with Wyatt brought danger to my life, it physically hurt me, but I was there by choice. I wanted to wake up to him everyday, I wanted to be happy with what I had, even though it wasn't perfect and it was all thanks to that idiot Wyatt Evans. I wouldn't let him go, I couldn't. Unfortunately, I knew there was a chance that he didn't feel the same, there was a chance he would leave, there was a chance that he wouldn't care, but I didn't care. I would say and do what I needed to, because it would make me feel better. The rest? Well, I would just have to wait and see.