Chapter 2

Well woke up not feeling good today. Between naps I wrote so here you go..

Happy Reading…………………

Chapter 2

I felt so close to Casey and Lucy after I told them my story. I some how didn’t seem so sad anymore. I finished cleaning up and got ready to go home.

When I got home my dad was there sitting in the dinning room talking to Mike Codey. I smile “hey cookie how was work today?”

“It was good dad busy as always” I say. “Hi Mike, Casey and Lucy came to see me today.”

He smiles at me but had a sad look in his eyes I’m guessing Casey told him about me. “Yea they had a girls night out today and I was at home with Luis taking care of Hope.”

At the mention of Hope I could not help but smile at the way his eyes shine when he talks about his daughter. “She is one sweet girl” I say “and I can tell she has her parents wrapped around her little finger.”

He gives me a sheepish smile “Yea, you should see her grandparents with her.” I smile and start to head for the stairs and dad calls to me.

“Hey cookie come back here Mike is hear because he has a friend interested in moving out hear from New York. He was wondering if we are selling the land at the end of our ranch, you know the one bordering their ranch.” I look at him hoping he does not say anything incriminating.

“Says the fellow came down here and took to ranch life and now he wants to come down here and be a rancher” He smiles at me.

I shake my head “how can you just decide to be a rancher your born a rancher you just don’t decide to be one least not as far as I know.”

I smile at my dad “well what did you tell him dad?” He smirks “I told him the land was yours it’s your call to sell or not.” Day-um I was hoping he would not say anything.

Mike lifts an eye brow “see she was going to marry this young man that went of to war and never came home they got the land together when he was still out there. But he didn’t come home.” He shook his head “sad thing really now my cookie has the land. Don’t know if she’ll sell it” he shrugged.

Shit my dad just keeps rattling on “Hey dad why don’t you go get us some lemon aid.” I turn to look at Mike.

He holds his hands up “listen don’t worry I will never say anything to anyone.” I cock my head and look him in the eyes “ok only to Casey.”

“I take it he told you the Diner is mine also” he turned red “yea guess he did.”

“Oh no tell me he was not talking me up cause he knows you have a single brother.” I didn’t think it was possible for Mikes face to get even more red.

“He did! your face says it all dam that man . I know he means well but agg..”

He smiles “ I can see why he worries, we all noticed you had changed but no one knew why. Now that I’m a father I know I would do anything in my powers to make Hope happy.”

I smile at him “yea guess the old man means well just that” I shrugged “at least he did not offer a couple of bulls to boot.” Mikes face got red again Dam he did.

Then Mike started laughing as I walked up the stairs. Such a sexy masculine laugh no wonder Casey fell in love with him.

****************