Why Gray Is My Senpai (Graci Version)

10) His Relationship With Lucy

With Lucy, he has shown to be extremely loyal to them and the guild. When he fought Juvia, he said he would rather give his life then hand Lucy over. Though it could be argued that he would do the same for all of Fairy Tail, it was the first example of him being super loyal so for a while it held a lot of weight that he genuinely cares for Lucy and what happens to her. I still believe that he really cares for Lucy, the rare GrayLu moments on Gray's side proves this even more, especially in Edolas when they are fighting Sugar Boy and Co. Gray threw Lucy out of the sinking ground to help Natsu which proves he believes in his abilities, not just as a Celestial Wizard, but as a person in general.

9) He's Hot

If you know me, then this might come as a shock that this is so low on the list. It just goes to show that I do have some genuine reasons as to why I like hi. ;P

Anyway, he is hot. 'Nuff said. I never saw Gray as cute - always as hot, cool, collected, awesome and a badass. But then I saw the GrayZa scene from Episode 117 and he made the cutest face ever (the face he made when he spotted Lucy, Natsu and Wendy)!!!! Just look at that expression!!!! x3

8) His Loyalty To The Guild

It is obvious that he is loyal to the guild, there is no doubt (unless you're watching the Daphne Arc then...idk) but, just watch Juvia vs Gray and listen to his dialogue before they begin fighting. Not enough? How about when he turns Ur's will down for his own (which is heavily based on keeping his Guild safe)? Still not enough? Then just watch his reasons why Erza has to be in Fairy Tail. Still not enough? Go look up 'loyalty' in the dictionary and re-watch those episodes!!

7) His Relationship With Erza

His relationship with Erza is one of the best in the series, I've always seen Gray as having the best and most genuine relationships in anime. His relationship with Erza is one of the best. He is scared of her most of the time, but I believe that Gray and Erza really trust each other. When Erza is pointing a sword at Gray in the Galuna Arc, I didn't believe that she actually would harm him, and I'm sure they both knew that too. Also, in Erza's flashback of when she first joins the guild, Gray is the only character we see make an effort to get her to open up, yes it's in the way of him demanding a fight (that he always lost), it's when he runs down to her by the river when I felt the comradery between them. Another example is in the Oracion Seis Arc (I think), when Erza is demanding that her arm be chopped off, Gray was the only one who refused to allow that and did something active to prevent it, this proves that he really does care for Erza.

6) GrayZa / GrayLu

I am a HUGE shipper and these are two of my main Gray ships that I ship.

GrayLu - It is adorable, I love it when Gray or Lucy appear really concerned for each other, it adds more weight to their relationship. They already share a really close bond, so that's awesome (even if it is just as friends). And that's another thing, because it isn't really popular, the rare GrayLu moments we get feel like a treat - because most of them are fluffy as heck! Also....JUVIA TROLLED ME!!! D'X In the Grand Magic Games Arc after Gray and Lucy's losses, in the bar. Juvia's imagination showed us how she thought they were acting, and up until the point when Lucy goes bonkers (I think she declares her 'love' for him) I though that it had cut to them!!!!

GrayZa - This was mainly explained in Number 7.

5) His Relationship With Ur and Ultear

I don't like Lyon :( he annoys me. Ur and Ultear on the other hand, are amazing! Ur especially, despite only being in flash backs, she has grown to being one of my favourite characters ever!! She's too awesome to describe, just go watch all of Gray's flashbacks!!! Ultear, the same. And I think she looks a lot better with short hair (like when she was a kid, then she was adorable)....Gah! Too much awesome sauce to handle!! -w-

4) The Galuna Island Arc

When Gray was introduced in episode 2, I didn't care for him. His stripping habit was funny and drew out a good laugh from me. But then, I just forgot about him...until when he and Natsu joined Erza in the Lullaby Arc. Then I noticed him but I didn't care for him still, his arguments with Natsu were the funniest thing ever (they still are) but I still didn't care. Then, we get to Episode 10. The first episode in the best arc of the show. This might just be me, but when characters show weakness, like getting injured or showing emotion, then I start to care for them a lot more!! And that's what happened here, when he broke into tears in Ep12, I went aww! Ep13 was the episode I fell for him. What's special about him crying? It's special because normally when I see a character cry (like Rainbow Dash in Tanks For The Memories of Tomoya in...most of After Story) I usually cringe a lot and I hate cringing, cringe comedy really doesn't work with me, but here, I didn't do that, the way the writers lead up to his break down, with a catchy song and a short flashback and another cute face and I fell.

3) His Personality

I love how he's so cool and calm and collected and awesome and badass. His personality is amazing, and you can understand why he's that way, after the trauma of losing his family, you can't blame him, but the fact that he's still so happy and so close to the guild is really heartwarming! And I love that he still has his childish, dumb and funny moments. It's a perfect balance between his serious side and his childish side.

2) His Backstory

Hmm....What do I say here? Idk...His backstory just added a lot more depth to his character, and the level of emotions that he experienced in the Galuna Arc, just made me fall for him. Also, seeing him trapped under the rubble, I felt so bad for him!

Fun Fact: I don't think he was cute when he a kid. It's true, other then his clothes that he wore when he was training with Lyon and Ur, then he is cute. But when he's shirtless as a child, I don't think he looks cute or hot.

Also....They gave him a reason for stripping!!!!!

1) His Relationship With Natsu

You might be wondering...how can his relationship with another character be the main reason why I love him? Well...

1) GraTsu FTW!

2) Remember that balance between his serious and childish side? Well, I believe that when Deliora attacked Isvan (Gray's home town), I think that Gray found himself having to mature way too quickly to defeat Deliora. I think this is why when he was looking back on his past he was so unstable.

This is why when he fights and he shows his childish side, I find it so heart-warming and sweet. It reminds me that he is only 18, and that he's still in the stage where he should be maturing.