Chapter 6 ~ Dreams

Summer breeze brushed my hair, I was standing in what seemed to be like a meadow. A beautiful meadow near a few stone pillars. It was like an archway, there where vines and nettles twined around them. It looked ever so beautiful. She looked down at herself. She was wearing a dress, a huge white dress. “What is going on?” she said, she still had the same voice, she looked around but no-one else was to be seen. Why am I wearing a white dress?

“Hermione? Hermione, where are you?” she could here Ginny calling out, am I meant to be somewhere? Ginny came round the corner of the archway, “There you are! Come one everyone’s waiting, it’s your big day!” said Ginny, she seemed excited and took hold of my hand.

My big day? What big day?!

Hermione woke with a start; she was sweating slightly and breathing really fast. She wasn’t sure whether she had just had a dream or a nightmare.

***

They were all at breakfast, Ron ate two bowls of cereal and 3 pieces of toast. “Eat something Hermione” said Ron with a mouth full of toast. “I did eat something, I had oatmeal” she answered back. The shock from the dream still haunted her. She’s never had a dream where she was wearing a white dress and Ginny comes to tell her it’s her big day.

Thinking about Ginny, she wasn’t at Gryffindor table, she looked behind and there she was. “Thanks God it’s Friday, remember Ron there’s Quidditch practice tomorrow” Harry reminded Ron. “Yeah, and thanks for letting me be on the team” said Ron with a huge smile, “You think we’ll beat Hufflepuff?” he asked. But no-one answered, they were in no position to judge since yesterday they were proven wrong after Slytherin won. “Enjoy your evenings with Malfoy!” said Harry to Hermione smirking. Hermione looked at him with distaste, the look she usually gives Malfoy but this time to Harry. “Yes, thanks to you Harry!” she replied.

***

Lessons seemed to pass quickly that day, Ron put his feet up an relaxed without a care in the world, while Hermione tried finishing all her homework before helping Draco. “Can’t wait to sleep till late” Ron had a huge smile on his face but vanished when Harry spoke “Erm…you have to wake early for Practice, 9 am”. Hermione laughed and Ron crossed his arms like a 5 year old.

She managed to get all her work done, giving her enough time to help Malfoy. She couldn’t believe what Harry landed her in, but she had no choice. “Come on Ron, it’s 11:45 you have to wake early tomorrow” she told him, Ron was half sleeping and half awake on the couch, Hermione tugged his arm and he got up.

***

Ginny’s still dragging my arm, where was she taking me? We walked for a few minutes when we bumped into two people. “Mum? Dad?” she called out, what were her parents doing here. “come on darling” her mum said and took her hand guiding her somewhere. They rounded a corner and ended up in a little field decorated nicely with flowers and roses. They were seats in rows and another archway, with roses twined on the pillars. People were sat there, and they turned to look…

Hermione woke again, she looked at her clock, it was 11 am. She was breathing fast, and her heart was racing. What’s happening to me? She thought. Am I going crazy?

She pulled her hair in anger and frustration. Ginny ran up to her dorm fully dressed, when she looked around, she was the only one asleep.

“Alright, sleepy head?” she said while pulling the curtains. “Draco’s waiting in the corridor, apparently you promised to help him!?” she looked unsure but dragged Hermione out of bed. This reminded her of her dream, when Ginny was taking her somewhere.