Chapter 10- The Queen Anne's Redemption

"This is grave," Sherlock replied after I had finished my narrative. "We must return to England at once."

"Why England?" I asked frantically 

"It is the only country not tainted and still under some control from the catholic church. We must make way for England straight away. There is no time to waste." He said standing suddenly and ripping open the door and starting away and down the hall. 

Me and John shared frenzied looks and burst through that tiny doorway after him. We had all broken out into a sprint. We left out of the building from the servants exit and escaped into the city of Rome through a chink in the wall that surrounded Vatican City. The servants knew of it as the short cut to the market where they got attained the cooking supplies for the week. Sherlock hailed a carriage and we jumped in and demanded to go to the coast. 

"I assume you have friends in that port?" Sherlock turned to me urgently 

I thought it over for a second "Civitavecchia? Yes, I have a friend docked there now by chance. He would be leaving tomorrow, but I think we can easily convince him to leave tonight. His ship is fact it wont take us long to reach England."

"We can proceed to send a wire to Lastrade." Sherlock said "He is not the most capable detective at Scotland Yard and yet when he sees his goal he goes through all means to achieve it. It is what makes him deserving of his position. We can fully rely on him."

"But to do what, Sherlock?" I asked, slipping my head into my hands "The factories are built. He intends to sell their abilities to the manufacturing companies around Europe. What could we possibly hope to intercede?"

"Calm yourself," Sherlock answered briskly "This is no time to become emotional, Cameo."

I glared at him for a moment and pressed my lips together. I sat back in my chair.

"I hate emotion." I spat "And yet I can not deny when I am overcome with it. This is beyond what any of us could have expected. Even you."

"Your just in a frenzy," he waved his hand at me "Its certainly logical that you have become overly emotional because of the methods you used to attain this information."

I smiled and laughed "So this is your way of telling me you disapprove of how I get the information."

He eyes turned connected with mine and he starred. I let out a louder laugh.

"Yeah ok," I shook my head laughing "Yes, Its certainly logical, lets go with your way. I agree. Dont you John?"

"What?" He turned toward me wide eyed "No, Im not even attempting..."

"That sounds like a fine idea to me," I sighed and rested my head back trying to sleep although I knew it would be uneasy. Carriages werent exactly calming, nor did they imitate the sway of the womb that so comforted us before we could remember. 

Even so I was able to get a few winks, though it was a very few indeed. I stepped out of the carriage and wobbled around a little bit. Holmes caught me and steadied me. I turned to thank him but instead ripped my arm from his grip and walked off down the plank. Searching my clothes for the fold I hidden my flask in. I found it and took a hearty drink from it. I looked around reading the names of the boat until I found the one I was looking for.

"Ah!" I smiled "The Queen Anne's redemption."

"What? As in blackbeard's ship?" Watson asked 

"No, that was the Queen Anne's Revenge. This is her redemption. Johnny had a flair for the dramatic," I shrugged and let out a few chuckles.