t w o

*Kayley's POV*

The school day finally came to an end and I went to my locker to put everything away and grab my backpack to take home. I was still trying to ignore the glares and the talking but it was driving me nuts, I just wanted to get home.

As I was throwing stuff in my bag I saw someone running down the hallway out of the corner of my eye,

"Hey!" I ignored whoever was screaming thinking it was just another ass hole trying to mess with me. I took a deep breath, slamming my locker and began quickly walking away. But someone ran in front of me.

"Hey why'd you run away?" It was Grayson.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry, I didn't know it was you. I thought it was just another pretentious douche bag."

"No worries." He smiled reassuringly.
"So uh, hey... do you wanna have like a, study date later?"
I could feel my stomach in my throat, is he, is he asking me out?

"Uh, s-sure." I nervously smiled. "You wanna come over to my house?

"Yeah... yeah that would be great Kay."
He moved his hand towards my face and I jolted back.

"Woa... Kayley..." he said concerned.

"I- I'm sorry..." I stuttered. "Uhm... force of habit... I'll see you later."

I just left him there, embarrassed as anything and ran out of the school. I felt so bad, I don't know why I thought he'd hit me, I know he wouldn't.... I've just had some pretty rough experiences and they just stick with you sometimes, you know?
I got in my car and just sat there for a minute. I rubbed my face and and took a deep breath before started my car and driving home.

*couple hours later*

I was sitting on my bed watching tv and I heard my phone buzz. I groaned and reached across my bed to grab it.

Grayson♡: Hey kayley, just wanted to make sure you're alright. still on for today? 

Shit. I totally forgot.

Me: I'm ok, I'm sorry for freaking out like that. Just a natural reflex, and yeah, of course... Come over in 20? My address is 778 mulbrooke rd :)))

Grayson♡: perfect, see you soon.

Oh my god what am I gonna do? I look like a total slob, I have 0 makeup on, my hairs a mess.
I jolted up from my bed and ran into my bathroom. I slathered on my makeup as fast as I could, brushed my hair and threw on some slightly more decent clothes. I fixed up my room so it didn't look like a homeless person had been living there the last 65 years and then went downstairs to look out the window. Surely, his car was just pulling into my driveway.

I fixed my hair and messed with my shirt a little bit til the doorbell rang.
Deep breaths, deep breaths.
I opened the door and as soon as I did he gently hugged me and came inside.

"Your uh, your house is really nice." He nervously laughed scratching the back of his neck.

"Thanks Gray... uhm, here! Let me take your stuff. My rooms upstairs."

"Don't worry, I got it. Lead the way." He winked at me throwing his bag over his shoulder. I could feel my cheeks getting redder and redder as I lead him up the stairs.

"Here we are." I said opening the door to my room.

"I like it." He said wandering around as he put his backpack on the bed.

"Is uh, is here good?" He asked motioning to my bed.

"Yeah, sure." We sat down next to each other and took out our stuff.

We were studying for about and hour and we were having a pretty decent time. He was super funny and kind, I've never really had anyone like that in my life. It was nice.
Then I noticed he just kind of lost focus.

"You okay?"

"Oh yeah, It's nothing."

"You can tell me if there's something on your mind."

"I just um, c-can I try something?"

"Yeah Gray, what is it?"

"Just, just don't move." My heart was racing, I didn't know what was going on. He looked really concentrated and nervous, and started moving closer and closer to me.
He leaned his forehead against mine, and I let out a shaky breath. He slowly set his lips onto mine, tenderly connecting them. His hand reached to the side of my face and held it, deepening the kiss.
Then he abruptly let go.

"I-I'm sorry." He whispered scrunching his eyebrows.

"No... d-don't. Don't be sorry." I whispered back putting my hand on the back of his neck. I gently pulled him in again, he hesitated, but leaned in and pushed his lips onto mine. After a few minutes, we let go.

"Wow." He said quietly.

"Yeah... wow." I let out in disbelief, running my hands through my hair.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○