n i n e

*Kayley's POV*

The week had left and the weekend came, I was sitting in my room catching up on some missing work from days I had been absent. If you're wondering what happened with Grayson, Kyle and the school, the issues been resolved, I guess you could say. Kyle's been suspended and the school board is looking into a possible expulsion. Wouldn't that be ideal. Grayson had a couple detentions he had to sit through. I tried pleading with the principal and although he agreed that Grayson wasn't necessarily in the wrong, it would look bad for the school if the situation went without some kind of consequence on both ends.  But you didn't see either of us complaining, things could've been a lot worse. 

The one thing out of everything that happened that day that I can't get out of my mind, Is that Grayson said he loved me. Maybe not on purpose, maybe it just slipped I don't know. I just keep replaying his words like a broken record, but I never get sick of it. We have plans today, Saturday, at his house. I haven't really officially met his parents, so I think that might happen. Which is a little nerve racking, I really want to make a good impression. He was picking me up in a bout an hour so I figured I should start to get ready. I straightened my hair and did minimal makeup. Nothing too much, I just wasn't in the mood. And for clothes, I threw on a high neck sweater with ripped jeans and black converse. By the time I had gotten my bearings together I looked at my phone to see a text from Grayson saying he was here. I put it in my back pocket and ran downstairs. He met me at my front door with a shy, but smug smile.

"Hey, are you ready?" He asked looking back at his car.

"Yeah, let's go." I said smiling. He motioned for me to walk ahead of him, and put his hand on my lower back as I walked in front of him. Once we inched towards the car he jogged ahead of me and opened my car door, waiting for me to get in and then shutting it. The car ride there he had his hand resting on my knee. The dialogue was a little on the light side, I think we were both trying to put the events of this week in the past, and I'm sure both of us have some things we've been questioning.  

We arrived at his house, but I was stopped before walking inside.

"I have a little surprise for you... Small." He said leaning with his elbow above his head against the house and his other hand in his pocket.

"You know I hate surprises... That hasn't changed." I said back, smirking suspiciously at him. 

"You'll like this one." He opened the door closely walking behind me with a hand on the small of my back. He led me upstairs to his room, and slowly opened the door. The whole room had been set up like something out of a movie. Cliche I know, but accurate to say the least. He'd hung lantern lights all around the ceiling, and fairy lights were laid on every surface. On the floor there was series of blankets covering his carpet, overlapping each other. His laptop was in the center, surrounded by all my favorite food and a stack of my favorite movies. I turned, looking at him with a slight smile, pushing my hair behind my ears. 

"I love it." I said simply. He let out a sigh seeming to come from relief, and kissed my forehead. He grabbed some pillows from his bed throwing them on the floor in front of his laptop. I propped them against the wall and laid down, he did the same. He pulled me into him, his arm around me wrapping itself around my waist as I rested my head on his chest. It was the perfect moment. Something i'd always imagined but never thought would actually happen. But, it was. And I never wanted it to end. 

We spent the day watching movies and talking. Nothing extravagant. It wasn't too much, or too little. Like I said, perfect. 

After several hours had gone by, I heard the front door open downstairs. Two voices began speaking back and forth, that must be his parents. 
Grayson slowly sat up, and we both readjusted. He looked at me about to speak but I already knew what he was going to say. 

"You wanna come with me to say hi to my parents? I know we'd both rather do anything but that, but they really want to meet you. Properly, you know? Then we can come right back up. It'll only take a minute." 

"Um, sure. Yeah let's go down." I said standing up. He smiled as he stood up as well. I was so worried about screwing everything up, I couldn't let that happen.  

Obviously his parents knew about... the incident, at school. Kind of hard to hide when your sons face is messed up and comes home with three detention notices. Oh, and the fact that the principal called and told them everything that happened. That's probably what gave it away. 

We walked downstairs into the kitchen where the two of them were putting away groceries and talking about what sounded like work. 

"Hey mom, dad. How was your day." Grayson said starting the conversation. 

"Oh fine honey, just long. How was yours." His mom replied, neither of them had looked up yet. 

"Good. Um, Kayley's here." With that both them immediately turned their heads towards the two of us, dropping what they were doing. 

"Hi sweetie! So nice to finally meet you! You know officially." She said approaching me with open arms to hug her. 

"You too." 

His dad did the same, you know the basic boring introductions. It's the same thing every time you meet someone new, so I won't bore you with the details. They ended up inviting me to stay for dinner, which I did, and it was a really good night. All my worries went out the window. Nothing about the past events had been brought up, no uncomfortable questions. I was happy. 

Was. 

___________________

A/N: Hi! I'm still alive!