t h r e e

*Kayley's POV*

What just happened.
He, he just kissed me

*Grayson's POV*

"Was that your first?" I hesitantly asked. I saw her clam up and she started playing with her fingers.

"It's alright Kay, you can tell me." I pushed a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Yeah." She looked at me like she was embarrassed.

"I know that's uh, pretty lame huh?"

"Not at all." She looked at me surprised. "It was mine too."

"That's a lie." She laughed as she shook her head.

"Nope, swear to god. Not one kiss. I mean if you count my mom but uh, ya know that's my uh mom so."

She started laughing and I couldn't help but stare. She's so beautiful, especially when she's like this, just being herself. The way her nose scrunches when she laughs and how she wipes her eyes cause they start watering... they're the little things that make her, her. I know I've only known her a day, but there's just something different about her. I wish she wasn't so hard on herself, I see the way she looks at herself... and its not positive. She kind of worries me, I just never want her to doubt how wonderful she is.

*Kayley's POV*
Hours more went by and sadly Grays curfew came and he had to leave. I really, really didn't want him to go. I can't wait to see him tomorrow...

I walked him down the steps and we stood in front of the door.

"I'll see you tomorrow ok?"

I laughed and nodded my head.

"Drive save." I said as he left, he looked back and winked at me and then got into his car.

I slowly shut the door and leaned against it. I smiled to myself and put my hands on my forehead.
I let out a relieving laugh and walked back upstairs to my room. I picked out my clothes for tomorrow, trying to find something I liked. I did the rest of my routine and got ready for bed. I couldn't sleep though, that kiss just kept running through my head... over, and over, and over again.

*Next Day*

I went through the beginning of the day anticipating seeing Grayson all morning. I finally got to our first class together. I walked in and went to our seat in the back, like yesterday. He wasn't here yet so I just waited for him.

A couple minutes later he walked in, came towards the back of the room. I smiled at him, but he didn't smile back. He just kind of looked at me, and I got really worried. He continued walked towards the back of the room but then he turned, and my heart sank. He sat on the other side of the room with a bunch of popular guys. Those pretentious douche bags who like to ruin my life.
He kept looking back at me, and I was just trying to keep it together.

A few minutes went bye and I had to throw something away. I stood up and quietly walked to the front of the room. Of course, I had to walk by Grayson's table. As I passed by, my spirit completely broke.

"What a fucking reject." Some guy whispered.

And then in a familiar voice I heard,
"Yeah, I know."
Grayson.

I stopped, feeling the tears start welling up in my eyes. I turned my head over my shoulder, seeing them all laugh at me. He saw me looking at him, and quickly looked away, almost like he was ashamed. I looked down, and walked back to my seat.

The bell rang and I got out of there as fast as I could. As I walked passed a classroom I felt and arm pull me inside. The door slammed shut.

"Kayley, listen to me."

"Grayson!? What the hell?"

"Listen to me Kayley, please."

"How could you do that me?" I felt myself begin to break down.

"No no no Kay-" He went to touch me but I back up and cut him off.

"Just stop Grayson. Just stay away from me." I felt a tear stream down my face as I looked down.

"Please let me explain, Kay..." he said shakily.

"Don't, call me that." I said almost cutting him off.
"Just don't."

"Ka-"

I left the room and ran before he could stop me. I rushed to to girls room and locked myself in one of the stalls. I just broke down.
Every time I let someone in,
I always get my heart broken.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○