s i x

*Kayley's POV Monday Morning*

After that little bond session between Grayson and I, I feel a lot better about the situation. I'm trying this thing where I let stuff go and don't hold grudges... probably won't last long but it's worth a shot. I'll try anything to have a more positive attitude, lord knows I need one.

When I woke up I had a little extra pep in my step and wanted to actually look nice and not like I just woke up and walked out the door... as I usually do. I wore a cropped army green crew neck and high waisted ripped jeans. I put my hair in a pony tail and looked up some tumblr makeup tutorial crap because I suck at doing makeup. After attempting that for about 20 minutes I kinda got the gist and was semi satisfied with how it turned out.

I took one last look at myself letting out a sigh, checking everything I did to make sure it looked okay. I ran over to my nightstand and tossed all my books and homework into my backpack, and threw it over my shoulder.

As I was walking out of my room, I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket. I pulled it out and saw I had a message from Grayson. I smiled to myself and bit my lip as I opened it.

Gray♡: I'm gonna take you to school today,be ready in 5

I felt my heart start to speed up in my chest and ran back to my mirror once again to make sure everything was perfect. I checked my phone a few minutes later and it had been 4 minutes. I put it back in my pocket and ran out of my room, and out the front door.

His car was parked at the end of driveway, and he was leaning against it with his arms crossed smiling at me. It looked like something from an 80s romance movie with Molly Ringwald, and I was Molly Ringwald.

As I walked up to him he came up to me and put his hands on the side of my neck, kissing my forehead. There were massive butterflies all around my stomach when he touched me.

"You look different. What's all this for?" He laughed as he pushed back some loose pieces of my hair.

"Oh this? Um, just wanted to try and look a little more presentable? I guess..?" I said laughing, looking down at what I was wearing.

"Kay you always look gorgeous... don't kid yourself." He said kissing me one more time, but this time on the lips.

"W-what was that f-for..." I whispered, feeling my self blush.

"Because you're my girl." He said sweetly as he opened my side of the cars door and gestured me to get in.
I smiled at his gesture and stepped into the car. The whole way to school he held my hand, I don't think I've ever been so tense in my life. Why can't I just be normal and let my self be loose around him? I think he noticed because he unfortunately put his hand back on the steering wheel and let out a sigh.

"Um, you ok Gray?" I hesitantly asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine." He said giving me a seemingly fake looking smile. I shifted my position so I was facing him and put my hand on his leg.

"Grayson c'mon. What's up."

"You just... you seem so scared around me Kayley. I don't want you to be uncomfortable when your'e with me, I want the opposite." He explained not taking his eyes off the road.

"I'm sorry, you know it's hard for me." I said looking down running my hand through my ponytail.

"It's alright babe, I'm sorry if I'm pressuring you." He looked at me for a second before looking back at the road.

Babe.... hm, I thought to myself.

"What was that??" He looked at me laughing.

Shit, guess it wasn't a thought.

"Oh um, nothing... I uh, I didn't say anything." I felt all the blood in my body rush to my cheeks.

He laughed hard and reached his hand behind me, rubbing my back.
We pulled into the school parking lot a few moments later, he got out first and ran around the front of the car to open my door for me. I grabbed my stuff, and as I shut my door and turned around, Grayson threw his arm around my side pulling me into him as we walked into school. People were staring at us as we walked through the front doors, but part of me didn't care. For the first time they weren't disgusted looks... they weren't hateful or judgemental. They were kind of surprised, and almost impressed. I looked down and smiled, and then looked back at him, my boy.

He walked me to my locker, and kissed me on the head before running off to his first class. When he was a few steps away he turned back around and ran up to me.

"Ill take you home... meet me here at the end of the day, k?" He excitedly smiled when I nodded my head, and kissed me on the cheek before actually leaving.

I contently gathered my things, trying to control the smile plastered to my face. I started walking down the hallways trying to get to my first period class, and out of no where my books were thrown from my hands and I was pushed onto the ground. I barely knew what happened but my head was killing me and when I could finally opened my eyes there were dozens of people hovered over me, laughing and pointing. I immediately felt my eyes fill with tears and tried to push myself back with my elbows but I couldn't. Everyone was staring at me, and I couldn't hold it in anymore, the water I'd been trying to contain in my eyes completely let out and I couldn't stop crying. I went to wipe my eyes and when I did I noticed my nose was bleeding.

I suddenly felt dizzy and my vision was blurred. As everything hazed out, someone came running through the crowd of people and knelt down next to me. I felt their hand grab mine but I couldn't make out who it was or hear what they were saying.

That's when everything went dark.

****

A/N: Hey guys!!! Sorry it's been forever but sooo much is going on in my life rn you guys don't even know about. I'm so sorry for my lack of updates but I promise you it'll change soon!! I love you all so much, hope you liked the chapter!

Question of the day:
what do you imagine Kayley looking like? I know everyone always has a certain person in their head when they read about any character ♡♡♡♡