1

Edit: Can I just say that reading my old writing is just so bad oh my god I am just-

guys I'm re-editing this chapter this is horrific absolutely no character development and so quick to act and I am sorry I made you people sit through this what the fuck was I doing

Dave

I walked towards the edge of the bridge. This was it. I could jump, and everything would be over. The way I felt, the way I even loved. It was unnatural. I hated myself for it. I hated living in the same apartment as him, and then having to ignore and push back my emotions everyday. A tear fell to the ground, and I realized I was crying. I wiped my eyes with my sleeve. Dave Strider doesn't cry. I didn't care anymore. One step. Just one step separated me from bliss. One step that would save me from this hell, the pain I endured everyday.

I had left a note on the kitchen counter, thinking that Bro would see it when he got back from the store. It was... It was a goodbye note of sorts. I didn't even explain my love for him- he would hate me. I didn't want to be remembered as that disgusting incest brother that committed suicide.

Bro would know I was here, even though it didn't say in the note. It was my favorite spot, and I went here all the time. I would sit on the bridge and just think about Bro, about my life, and about myself. I took a deep breath. "Goodbye, Dirk. I'm sorry I-"

"Dave! David Strider! Get your skinny ass down right now!"

I looked behind me. Bro was running towards me frantically, his car parked behind him, door still wide open.

"Don't you dare take another step, or I'll jump," I said, quietly.

I glanced at him again, and he was frozen, afraid to even move. He was maybe ten feet away from me, very close.

"Dave," he said, surprisingly calm and steady, "don't do this."

I quickly wiped my eyes. "Why not? Why would it be even worth it to live? Why would I want to live? I hate myself so much," I said, with a bitter chuckle. "I hate myself so much."

"Don't fucking jump, Dave. Please," he said. I could hear the sheer desperation in his voice, the pleading and the misery.

"I'm a fuck-up. I'm so messed up. I'm- I'm different." I wiped my eyes with my sleeve.

"Why, Dave? You should have talked to me. Dave. Stop. What's wrong?"

I shook my head. "Don't you see, Bro? I thought that I had made it clear enough. You were the problem."

Shocked silence filled the air.

"Dave... I- I'm sorry..."

"How can you apologize for something when you don't even know what you did? And it wasn't you, you douchebag... You were the problem, but it was all my fault." I whispered the last part, and my voice was barely audible.

"What did I do, little bro? Tell me- I'll fix it, and I'll do anything I can- I love you."

My heart skipped a beat. I instantly regretted getting hopeful; He didn't love me in that way. I was his brother. "That's the problem, Dirk... I love you, too. I love love you."

Everything went quiet again as understanding filled the air.

Dirk slowly walked towards me, and I didn't even tell him to stop. He was right behind me. He then stopped and lifted me up and carried me to the car as I screamed into his chest. I stopped when we got to the car, and he sat in the back seat with me, still holding onto me tight. "I could have just died, Dirk. I could have just died. Why didn't you let me?" I whispered.

"Stop," he said, firmly. "Stop talking about how you could have- how you could have died. Don't you know that if you left me, my entire life would be nothing? Nothing. I can't live without you. You're the only family that I have. I can't stand myself now that I know that you had feelings for me and I completely ignored it. Don't ever say that you hate yourself again."

I pulled back and looked into his orange eyes. In a second, his lips were on mine, and my hands were in his hair. I closed my eyes, and the kiss grew more passionate as he pinned me against the back of the front seat. I moaned into the kiss. "What are we doing?" I asked into his lips.

He just ignored me and pressed into me harder, and kissed me so fiercely that when we pulled away, my lips felt sheer pain. My eyes were still shut as I let the taste of him linger on my tongue. He picked me up, set me on the back seat, buckled me in, and closed the door. I heard him get in the front seat and start the car. And then I slept a long dreamless sleep.