5

IM SORRY FOR MY ABSENCE I DONT KNOW HOW TO EXPLAIN. I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN A YEAR AND I HOPE ALL OF YOU GUYS ARE STILL AROUND.

Dave

I woke up, and a cold emptiness replaced the warmth that Dirk normally radiated. Something felt weird. Sitting up, I stretch, and yawn at least five times. I grab a shirt next to me and put it on, not even caring whose it was.

"Dirk?" I say tentatively, just loud enough for him to hear since the door was closed. "Dirk?" I call, a bit louder. I frowned. Normally, he'd walk in by now.

I get off the bed, and walk towards the door. I open it and peek out.

And I hear a moan. 

Chills run over my shoulders and arms, as I realize that it's Dirk's. "Dirk?" I say, more confused than worried. 

I step out, and follow the source of the noise to his bedroom. A peek inside confirms my suspicions. Dirk was in his bed with another

boy. 

A noise, barely audible, escapes my mouth. I  close the door quickly, and the slam it makes is a lot louder than I intend it to be. The air is sucked out of my lungs, and I can't fucking breathe. Everything is spinning, and the only emotion I feel is fear. Not anger, not confusion, but fear. The hallway lurches one last time, and I double over and throw up. Then Dirk and someone else step out.

I turn around and run away from the scene. I grab my shades from the kitchen counter and run out of the apartment. I can hear Bro spewing curses, chasing after me. I just keep running, and take the stairs down three at a time. I'm not even crying, but my lungs felt like they were having convulsions. (Author's note: this is where i stopped writing for a year. Continuing December 3rd, 2017) 

Eventually, he caught up to me and grabbed the back of my shirt. I broke into sobs and turned around angrily. 

"HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?" I yelled. I wiped my eyes angrily with my sleeve. "I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME." 

Bro stood in front of me, and though he was about a foot or two taller than me, he looked smaller than ever. "I..." He trailed off. 

"You can't even explain yourself," I said sadly. I glared him down. "Don't ever talk to me ever again." I turn on my heel, walking away. 

POV: Dirk. Bro. Whatever. I haven't read homestuck in two years. 

As he walks away, I think about letting him go. Waiting it out. That's what happens in the movie, right? No. I can't wait that long. I'm not letting him go again- I love him too much. I run up to him and grab him once again. 

"I know-" I began. "I know I fucked up. Please don't walk away. I can't let you walk out of my life again." 

"You walked out of mine first," Dave said. "Don't play that."

"I know." I started tearing up. "I know, I'm sorry- it's just, Jake came by to apologize-" 

"That was JAKE?" Dave asked, incredulous. The burning hatred in his eyes grew even more intense. 

"Yes, I-" I stopped myself. "Look," I said, ready to come clean. "I still have feelings for him." Dave scoffed. "BUT... but- I love you more. I always have. And that will never change, as long as we live." 

Dave's mouth dropped. "So, that's it. You're expecting me to forgive your sorry ass after you basically just admitted that you like another person." Dave's hands went up in mock apology. "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry, I completely misread the situation! Let me just apologize and go back home and sleep in the bed that you had sex with Dave in- no. No, that is not how it works, Dirk. No one survives a relationship where the other loves another." 

Dirk grabbed his arm. "I understand that. And one day I'll make sense of this and we will try to get past this but please, I am not going to let you leave. Come home with me- you don't have anywhere else to go. I'm not going to let you sleep on a curb by yourself." 

Dave raised an eyebrow. "How do you know I have nowhere else to go?" 

Dirk shot a glance at him. 

Dave sighed. "Okay." 

IM SO SO SO SORRY FOR BEING GONE FOR SO LONG GUYS I CAME BACK AND WAS COMPLETELY OVERWHELMED WITH THE SUPPORT<3 I LOVE YOU